: DTS Shopping, Would Like Input on Options.

Eninety2
04-25-13, 03:09 AM
Mainly, I've see these two things and have no idea what they are. The two buttons right below the mirror buttons.

And two buttons on the left of the steering wheel controls that say "gap", I'm guessing these have to do with the cruise control?

StuJac
04-25-13, 09:00 AM
First two are the mirror movement; you can fold in the sideview mirrors. Great option for parking in a tight space. The other buttons represent the single best option I've ever seen on a Cadillac and I'm on my 4th. They set the gap between your vehicle and the vehicle in front of you while you are using Adaptive Cruise Control. This should correspond with your front emblem; it should not look like any other regular Cadillac emblem you've ever seen; it should be a dark circular disk. The car will practically drive itself with this option; example-when on the freeway cruising along at 80 or so and some moron cut's directly in front of you. If you have the adaptive on the car will slow down (all the way to a stop if necessary) with no input from you. When the guy get's back int he middle or left lane your car will speed up (on it's own) to the pre-set speed limit. I have found that this is so awesome it will one day be a safety mandate item.

Eninety2
04-25-13, 09:48 PM
First two are the mirror movement; you can fold in the sideview mirrors. Great option for parking in a tight space. The other buttons represent the single best option I've ever seen on a Cadillac and I'm on my 4th. They set the gap between your vehicle and the vehicle in front of you while you are using Adaptive Cruise Control. This should correspond with your front emblem; it should not look like any other regular Cadillac emblem you've ever seen; it should be a dark circular disk. The car will practically drive itself with this option; example-when on the freeway cruising along at 80 or so and some moron cut's directly in front of you. If you have the adaptive on the car will slow down (all the way to a stop if necessary) with no input from you. When the guy get's back int he middle or left lane your car will speed up (on it's own) to the pre-set speed limit. I have found that this is so awesome it will one day be a safety mandate item.

Thanks!

----------

Well, looks like I've narrowed it down to two cars. Its between an '07 Performance Blk/Blk with 94K, 1 owner and an '07 DTS LIII Livery with 124K. Former is $13.5 @ dealer the latter is $11.8. Personally, I think they are both overpriced.

ral1960
04-27-13, 12:10 AM
Well, looks like I've narrowed it down to two cars. Its between an '07 Performance Blk/Blk with 94K, 1 owner and an '07 DTS LIII Livery with 124K. Former is $13.5 @ dealer the latter is $11.8. Personally, I think they are both overpriced.
I agree--with that kind of mileage, they would have to be in tip-top condition at those prices. Is the Livery the one with the extended wheelbase, or was it just used by a livery service?

Vitaqueen
04-27-13, 07:15 AM
I love my DTS and I know you will too. Try to get the seller of the Caddies to come way down. I feel they are asking way too much. Good luck!

Eninety2
04-27-13, 07:13 PM
I agree--with that kind of mileage, they would have to be in tip-top condition at those prices. Is the Livery the one with the extended wheelbase, or was it just used by a livery service?

Livery package. Standard length.

ral1960
04-28-13, 12:26 AM
What did that entail for the DTS? Anything not available on other models?

Eninety2
04-28-13, 09:51 AM
What did that entail for the DTS? Anything not available on other models?

heavy duty cooling system and stiffer spring rate on the rear.

Edit: Oh, and vanity mirrors for the rear passenger compartment.

grullon10
04-28-13, 02:16 PM
Do not get the one with the livery packge they have big time problem with the front wheel hub the go bad fast and they cost over 1,300 each every thing for it cost more. Another example are the rear shock on the one with out the livery package only cost you around 150 at the dealer they livery package cost over 500 each and there are more things that cost more than the regular do not get go for the regular.

Eninety2
04-28-13, 02:29 PM
Do not get the one with the livery packge they have big time problem with the front wheel hub the go bad fast and they cost over 1,300 each every thing for it cost more. Another example are the rear shock on the one with out the livery package only cost you around 150 at the dealer they livery package cost over 500 each and there are more things that cost more than the regular do not get go for the regular.

I've heard that too. Are you speaking from experience? Not really surprising, it is after all a commercial vehicle.

ral1960
04-28-13, 02:59 PM
The Performance model also has expensive Magnetic shocks and 18" wheels/tires. I'm surprised the Livery has different front wheel hubs. I knew the commercial chassis for hearses/extended limos had different hubs.

grullon10
04-28-13, 07:21 PM
Yes I'm in the livery service in new york I have couple of friends that used to have the dts-L livery package and both I had to sale them and get the regular dts. I personally have a regular one with heavyduty cooling. On the guys that I know both cars had wheel hub problem and suspesion problem those cars have air spring in the back and they do not last very long and each air spring go for 450 and they do not make after market. Even the radiator cost more. With the miles that car has do not buy it also in the livery service I'm surprice that car been a 07 only has that milages. My is 06 it in great shape in the last month I put into it over 1100 dollars it has 215,000 mile. That is a 06. Like I say before do not get the 07 dt-L.

----------

Yes I'm in the livery service in new york I have couple of friends that used to have the dts-L livery package and both I had to sale them and get the regular dts. I personally have a regular one with heavyduty cooling. On the guys that I know both cars had wheel hub problem and suspesion problem those cars have air spring in the back and they do not last very long and each air spring go for 450 and they do not make after market. Even the radiator cost more. With the miles that car has do not buy it also in the livery service I'm surprice that car been a 07 only has that milages. My is 06 it in great shape in the last month I put into it over 1100 dollars it has 215,000 mile. That is a 06. Like I say before do not get the 07 dt-L. One more thing check if the wheels have 8 nut run alway from it. Goodlk

----------

I reconmend you not to buy a car 06 to 08 that has been in the livery services for more than 10 grand.

ronm01
06-08-13, 06:20 PM
Just completed a 150-mile each way overnight trip in our 2010 DTS. 90 percent (at least) of acceleration and deceleration was handled seamlessly by the Adaptive Cruise Control. StuJac is right-on with his observations. This is the first time I've really put it through its paces and it is a delight to use! ACC and Blind Zone Alert make driving this beauty much safer as well as more enjoyable. I'm happy to have these excellent options. On my model, ACC is incorporated into the cruise control function placed conveniently on the steering wheel left of the column.