: p300 and po175&po172 wtf!!!

Psycho-albanian
04-24-13, 10:31 PM
Car started stumbling and white smoke coming out of exhaust tips and engine bay. Could this be a bad coil pack? I just replaced the plugs with ngk tr6 and replaced the fuel pressure regulator/fuel filter and now I got a gas smell coming through the cabin and a flashing ses light. Please help.

----------

What coil packs do you guys recommend msd or factory.

PGA2B
04-24-13, 10:59 PM
Are you loosing any antifreeze?

1madstsv
04-24-13, 11:07 PM
You are one of the only ones that seem to be having these issues how many miles are on your car? I think that you more than likely have a wire off. Coils don't very often go bad. Loose plug wire off our not connected right would be my guess. I also don't think the fuel regulator was your problem they normally either work Our they don't to the point the car will not run at all.

----------

Did you ever check your injectors to see if one want bad our is not fully connected.

Psycho-albanian
04-24-13, 11:29 PM
I have 130, 000 miles on the car and I see no antifreeze leaking on the ground car just started acting up after the fuel filter change. Car is starting to piss me off but with the miles I have on the car things are bound to start breaking/malfunction.

PGA2B
04-24-13, 11:38 PM
You need to find out what cylinder is missing or if you have multiple misfires. If you have a single cylinder misfiring then you should swap coils with one you know if not misfiring and see if the misfire follows the coil or stay with the cylinder.

Psycho-albanian
04-24-13, 11:57 PM
I have multiple missfires po305 and po300 came up on the scanner.

PGA2B
04-25-13, 01:12 AM
MSD does not have a coil for us unless you figure out something that is interchangeable.

YoungBlood_STSV
04-25-13, 10:50 AM
I have multiple missfires po305 and po300 came up on the scanner.

Then focus on cylinder #5. I actually had my #5 coil pack go bad. But had none of the other awful sounding symptoms you have. Quick swap of that coil pack and I was on my way with no incidents since.

Psycho-albanian
04-25-13, 03:19 PM
It's crazy the problems im having with this car. Gonna check the coil pack tomorrow and see what's up. I appreciate all your guys help.

TimmyC
04-26-13, 01:17 PM
Swap the number 5 coil pack with another one and see if the problem follows it. If it doesn't then I bet the injector is stuck open. Number 5 is the third cylinder back on the passenger side.

pjeter
04-28-13, 03:40 AM
Tim it doesnt seem to be the coil. I switch that around and the code doesn't follow... what's the best way to figure out which injector is stuck open?

TimmyC
04-28-13, 11:10 PM
Try swapping number 5 injector.