: What Percentage For Service?

300:29:1
04-24-13, 07:09 PM
My oil life monitor is at 33%. I need to have the small flap where tailgate latches reinstalled, it came loose and I wound up pulling it out, and would like to have it put back during my next service visit. I was thinking >20% is about right, but maybe it's lower. So where is the threshold? I have about 6100 miles on my SRX, so I must comply with Cadillac's warranty parameters for scheduled maintenance.

Marc NY
04-24-13, 07:55 PM
The Cadillac dealers will wait to change your oil until it reaches 20% left on the OLM. That being said I would call them to ask them if you could bring your SRX in sooner for your oil change because you have other warranty work to be done on your vehicle.

300:29:1
04-24-13, 08:56 PM
The Cadillac dealers will wait to change your oil until it reaches 20% left on the OLM. That being said I would call them to ask them if you could bring your SRX in sooner for your oil change because you have other warranty work to be done on your vehicle.

Thanks Marc. I'm actually away on business for another 6 weeks or so. I'll wait at least that long to bring it in. The Cadillac dealer in the area where I am has a horrible reputation, particularly in the service dept. This is from the first hand account of a coworker. Even a salesman there confirmed that if you don't buy your car from them they will openly treat you as a second class customer or worse. That little flap has been out for a while now, so it bothers me less each day. I'll probably drive another 1K miles or so by the time I'm ready to get service. The monitor should be down below 20% by then.