: Any Cincinnati area members with access to a GM Tech II?

sx54dx
04-24-13, 05:11 PM
Like the title says, I am looking for someone with access to a Tech II programmer.
I have an ABS/TC issue and would like to reflash my EBCM before I commit to buying another unit to replace it with. I just need a Tech II to do it...
The technician I know can be tough to get ahold of...

PM me if you can help.

Thanks in advance if anyone is able to help!

~Tony

Faber
04-25-13, 12:40 PM
Don't have a tech II but happy to see another Cincinnati member...if you ever get out and about, give me a holler.

robojesus
04-25-13, 02:06 PM
ABS/TC could be multiple things, and I know for a fact that the loaner tool at Advance Auto Parts (Actron brand - I bought one) is more than enough to read our cars ABS codes. I'm guessing it's probably NOT a bad EBCM. I was showing symptoms of a bad EBCM, but it turned out to be a bad wire going to my throttle body blade (where the car was trying to throttle my throttle, and thought it did, but it actually didn't, and it didn't sense that the wheels were slowed down by the lack of revving, thus causing an issue where it thought the EBCM wasn't telling the wheels what to do, so it was deemed bad)

sx54dx
04-26-13, 12:19 PM
robojesus, I have a fairly advanced scan tool and pulled both codes (and cleared them several times) but they keep coming back on.
C0115 and a C0281 are the codes.
At first I thought it was a grounding issue but unfortunately it isn't. The car sat in the garage with a completely discharged battery all winter and had some problems charging/starting it this spring.
Since starting it back up I have had those codes.
I metered all the wires, checked the grounds/powers going to the EBCM (as well as the wheel speed sensors) then followed the factory flow chart of problems which led to a "reprogram of EBCM prior to replacement" solution.
Thanks for the input though, you never know what can lead to random problems in these cars.