: D3 Chassis Bracing for CTS-V Sedan \ Wagon in stock now

Greg_D3
04-24-13, 02:52 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=JHt_-MX9wF0

D3 Chassis Bracing

D3 Chassis Bracing is designed to increase your vehicles torsional rigidity with D3 chassis bracing components. These undercarriage mounted chassis braces will greatly increase overall vehicle stiffness without decreasing ride quality. Having a stiff chassis will not only improve responsiveness and vehicle feel, it will also allow you to properly tune your suspension.

Now that the vehicles chassis has been isolated it allows the energy to be transferred to the suspension components that are designed to handle such load. OEM manufacturers have found increasing the stiffness of the chassis to be one of the largest single performance gains in handling without increasing spring rates, spring stiffness, bushing diameter, or shock valving.

These braces will install using OEM bolt hole mounting locations and not require any permanent modifications to the vehicle. Think about it as the performance gains of installing a roll cage in terms of stiffness without compromising interior cabin space and drivability/ride quality.

Features:

Constructed of 100% 4130 Chromoly Steel
100% TIG Welded
Made in the USA exclusively by D3

Contact D3 For Pricing

The D3 Group
1787 E. 28th St.
Signal Hill, CA 907555

Tel: 562-595-8518 | Fax: 562-595-8519
www.D3Groupinc.com

Moparman4444
04-25-13, 06:41 AM
Interesting. Who would have thought there was that much deflection which could have been designed out of the car to begin with.

tinman
04-25-13, 01:45 PM
Will this work on a non-V wagon?

Overclock This
04-25-13, 02:16 PM
Add non V sedan to that question.
Very interesting!

Random84
04-25-13, 02:56 PM
If it's in stock, how many years to fabricate and ship?

I keed, I keed.
:D

----------

In all seriousness, what kind of weight penalty are we talking here? I expect my `13 Wagon to be a lightweight, nimble roadcourse machine and I want to stay as close to 3200 pounds as possible.

Greg_D3
04-25-13, 04:10 PM

Add non V sedan to that question.
Very interesting!

We have a non V in at the moment as soon as we test fit the bracing on it i will let you know.

If it's in stock, how many years to fabricate and ship?

I keed, I keed.
:D

----------

In all seriousness, what kind of weight penalty are we talking here? I expect my `13 Wagon to be a lightweight, nimble roadcourse machine and I want to stay as close to 3200 pounds as possible.

They are ready to be boxed up as we speak, both left and right side come in at about 25lbs combined

tinman
04-25-13, 04:15 PM
What are the made with and what is your price, please?

Greg_D3
04-25-13, 07:32 PM
What are the made with and what is your price, please?

They are made of Chromoly Steel, the price until the end of the month is $1199 shipped to the lower 48.

tinman
04-25-13, 07:39 PM
Thanks for your response.

Da V-Man
04-25-13, 07:46 PM
Which track did you test these at and what was the lap time difference?

Random84
04-25-13, 08:01 PM
We have a non V in at the moment as soon as we test fit the bracing on it i will let you know.

They are ready to be boxed up as we speak, both left and right side come in at about 25lbs combined

50lbs total?

Not bad... this makes it much more interesting.

Greg_D3
04-25-13, 09:20 PM
Which track did you test these at and what was the lap time difference?

They were tested at just about every track last season of the Cadillac challenge. Times vary between cars and modifications prior to bracing but every driver reported better stability through corners as well as being able to apply power earlier when exiting a corner.

50lbs total?

Not bad... this makes it much more interesting.

They are about 25lbs together.