: Saw a new CTS in the wild today

gohawks63
04-24-13, 12:19 PM
Posted this in the 2nd gen CTS forum too.

I live in the Detroit metro area, about 15 minutes from the GM Milford proving grounds (and work near Ford Headquarters), so I am always seeing cars well in advance.

Saw a new CTS today. No mistaking it. Unfortunately I had to make a turn and didn't have a chance to snap a picture.

I am sorry to say that I am waffling on it AGAIN. When I saw the first spy pictures I hated the back end. When I saw the auto show pictures I warmed up to it. When I saw it today (it was literally next to me in the next lane) I loved the front 2/3 of the car. I really don't like the back end. The front of the car is gorgeous and the back end seems like it belongs on another car. It almost looks like it slopes down and gives an impression that the butt is sagging.

It was either the 2.0T or the 3.6L since it had a CTS4 emblem on the back.

Andrew4.9l
04-24-13, 03:11 PM
I have to agree. I wish the tail lights were longer and more pronounced. At least you can tell its distinctly Cadillac and not a Benz.

Loveldos
04-26-13, 12:14 AM
Agree with comments of Gohawks63 and Andrew4.9l--I was hoping that "in-person" it would not have such an appearance! If I wanted a Benz, I would buy one--"no thanks!" Hopefully there really is a successor to the CTS Coupe in development and it will differ significantly from the gen III CTS Sedan and resolve this issue.