: Center console button clean?

areerang
04-23-13, 08:24 PM
Hi Caddy's owners

I spilled coffee couple years ago and now one of the button is sticky and doesn't operate properly.
Any idea to clean up the button(?)

Thx a millions

2kflhr
04-23-13, 09:30 PM
An aerosol can of electrical contact cleaner. Spray around the edge of the button while manipulating the button. You should be able to buy it at Radio Shack or an auto parts store. I've never experienced nearby plastics and etc. being damaged but to be on the safe side I would tape around the button and then lay a rag beneath the area being sprayed to absorb the spray and muck.

toygar
04-23-13, 10:14 PM
i wouldn't use electrical contact cleaner as it might destroy the black plastic paint.
i suggest using a foaming glass cleaner and a detiling brush to go in through the sides. microfiber cloth to wipe it off after.
good luck

2kflhr
04-25-13, 11:49 PM
i wouldn't use electrical contact cleaner as it might destroy the black plastic paint.
i suggest using a foaming glass cleaner and a detiling brush to go in through the sides. microfiber cloth to wipe it off after.
good luck You can always tape the face of the button if that is a concern. We use electrical contact cleaner on and around plastic all the time at work and I've never experienced any damage when spraying the volume controls on yesterdays car radio's. I would definitely only use something non conductive.

sdgc
04-26-13, 07:46 PM
wait a couple more years and it will fix itself.............

2007caddy
04-27-13, 12:08 AM
Spray with distilled water.....freed up my issue