: performance

Caddy Dave
04-23-13, 07:29 PM
What are something I can do to better my performance.

conedoctor
04-23-13, 09:14 PM
Enzyte?

Caddy Dave
04-24-13, 12:58 AM
LoL I would of figure, I have been looking and the only thing i found is the cold air intake.

Whiplash_89
04-24-13, 01:30 AM
Someone posted something about a tuning company that does the N* a few months ago. Look through my posts and you may find it.

Mr. Mohr
04-24-13, 03:35 AM
Volant is about the only company that makes a specific CAI for the SRX V8. Corsa makes a bolt on exhaust, but is I think it sounds a little too high picked at higher RPM and its out of my budget. I found a GM Performance exhaust that is made by Borla. Not sure how it sounds. Personaly, I plan on a Borla Touring system and maybe an X-pipe. I think that is probably the easy stuff. I'm thinking about porting and polishing my TB for a little better throttle response, I haven't found a larger TB to swap over yet. I remember reading someone did a head job on theirs, but that's a great deal of work and down time if it's your Daily Driver. Carroll Cadillac LLC was working on headers, but I don't think anybody has been able to actually buy a set. I haven't found any tuners out there. Outside of engine, Eibach made a set of springs but they are hard to find anymore. And "conedoctor" on here is maybe selling his CTS-V Brake conversion. That's all I've been able to find. Good luck and let us know what you do.

08SRX
04-24-13, 01:54 PM
How hard can it be to build your own custom CAI box and install K&N filters?

Whiplash_89
04-24-13, 02:13 PM
Are there sensors on the stock intake? Why is it in a box a t all? I'm assuming there is a duct that gets fresh air from somewhere, but also resonators? I don't see why it would be hard to make your own CAI for these things. The TB is right there in front of you so its damn easy to get to.

conedoctor
04-24-13, 02:41 PM
Just keep in mind your MPG will go down with more air in, and if it sounds cool you will have it on the floor all the time so it gets even worse.

I have my ECU/TCM tuned, 2 1/2 catback with x-pipe and Dynomax VT mufflers and it sounds good and goes good but the tune made a big difference in drivability and that has been the best part so far.

mwswarrior
04-24-13, 07:21 PM
Gibson also has a cat-back exhaust system.

Mr. Mohr
04-24-13, 09:42 PM
Nice, Gibson may sound good as well.

orandaberg
05-09-13, 10:53 AM
Gibson only makes for the 3.6L, unless that is compatible for the 4.6L, then I assume in order to sell the would indicate that. But I assume it tuned for a 3.6 HP

repnatl
05-09-13, 11:56 AM
How hard can it be to build your own custom CAI box and install K&N filters?

Send me your email I've done this with a spectra inside my stock airbox. Looks but doesn't sound stock lol inexpensive too