Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Can I trade in a newly leased vehicle? Is it worth it?

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  algiorda 
#1 ·
Hi all!

I am a proud owner of a 2013 SRX. Leased it back in November, have only 2,500 miles on it, and made only 5 payments thus far (on a 36 month lease).

Up until last week, I was good to go with the lease as I only worked 7 miles from my home. For years that I have been leasing Cadillacs, I only put under 20,000 miles on them when I turn them in.

Now, my job is moving 45 miles away. There is no way I can put 24,000 miles a year on a leased vehicle that only allows 12,000 per year.

I have two options...

1. I can keep the Cadillac with its high lease payments and get a second crappy car (like a Chevy Cobalt or Ford Fusion) either new or used. Of course, it will mean an additional car and insurance payment.

2. I trade it in.

Now regarding #2....

I don't even know if that is an option being the fact the car has a brand new lease.

Would a non-Cadillac dealer even consider taking on the lease knowing that he/she could sell that car for far more?

Excuse my ignorance in this matter. I just don't know how these things work.

As always, your opinion on what is best to do here is appreciated.

See less See more
#2 ·
I would go back to the dealership you leased it from and have a meeting with GM, and see what you could work out. It never hurts to be right up front with the people. Did you have a trade in? If not you are in a better position....I know the payments on the lease have to be fairly high. The
12k miles per year seems to be alittle light. Hope all works out. Good Luck!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.