: How'd your weekend go with your V?

ImEpayne
04-23-13, 12:17 AM
Mine started well! went to a car show. Made a bunch of imports eat my dust.

Then... it snowed.... For those of you that haven't had the pleasure of driving your V in the snow... I envy you...

H-town_V
04-23-13, 12:30 AM
What is snow??? I'm sure that sucks but I wouldn't know. All kidding aside I'm sure that's a frustrating drive.

D3l7a3ch0
04-23-13, 02:00 AM
I was stationed in North Dakota early 2001 to 2003--I had a '95 Mustang GT,
and I kept fishing gloves in the trunk (the waterproof ones) because I had to
dig myself out every day from Thanksgiving to Memorial Day

I spent Sunday at the races with Cadillac (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2004-2007-cadillac-cts-v-general/286112-cadillac-corral-returns-long-beach-grand.html#post3292443), apologizing to Id for the chipped
paint. (her name is Id.)

thanks for asking!

FoD
04-23-13, 08:03 AM
Mine went great! I took mine out to the beach, had a blast. Drove it home, got within 2 miles from home and some piece of dog shit tried to go across 4 lanes to make a U-turn in a Suburban sitting on 26" rims. He almost took out a C6Z in front of me, who swerved one lane over to miss, and then proceeded to continue across and tried to take me out. I had to swerve across 2 lanes and then shoot back one lane to miss people in the turn lane. All the while, this douche is smiling with his gold teeth and giving me the finger. I'm glad I didn't have my gun. I love the handling and tossablity of the V. Any other car, I would have hit that dumb bastard, and with any luck killed him.

DDS rollin a CTS
04-23-13, 09:06 AM
...Then... it snowed.... For those of you that haven't had the pleasure of driving your V in the snow... I envy you...

I drive my V year round in Indiana. With a good set of snow tires and traction control off I think its a pleasure to drive in the snow. Not so much at the end of April though...

D3l7a3ch0
04-23-13, 01:57 PM
Mine went great! I took mine out to the beach, had a blast. Drove it home, got within 2 miles from home and some piece of dog shit tried to go across 4 lanes to make a U-turn in a Suburban sitting on 26" rims. He almost took out a C6Z in front of me, who swerved one lane over to miss, and then proceeded to continue across and tried to take me out. I had to swerve across 2 lanes and then shoot back one lane to miss people in the turn lane. All the while, this douche is smiling with his gold teeth and giving me the finger. I'm glad I didn't have my gun. I love the handling and tossablity of the V. Any other car, I would have hit that dumb bastard, and with any luck killed him.

as soon as I realized where this story was going, this song played in my head:

In the Ferrari or Jaguar, switchin four lanes
With the top down screamin out
Money ain't a thang

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePUqdQdv3Zc

ImEpayne
04-23-13, 02:12 PM
This is my first winter with the V and also my first winter in Colorado... In NY I was used to an effective snow removal program. Snow tires will be a must next season.

Here's my drive to work today. This is the highway...107078

odla
04-23-13, 02:45 PM
Man i know what you mean on the weather. Sometimes it rains here.

That's all i got for bad weather HAHAHAHAHAHA.

D3l7a3ch0
04-23-13, 02:52 PM
cuz hurricanes aren't a thing in flor duh

DDS rollin a CTS
04-23-13, 03:49 PM
This is my first winter with the V and also my first winter in Colorado... In NY I was used to an effective snow removal program. Snow tires will be a must next season.

Here's my drive to work today. This is the highway...107078

At first I was confused as to why there was a giant snow bank in the middle of the highway, then I realized that was just the snow on your hood. Maybe if you clean your car off you'll be able to see the road better!

As for snow tires, the difference between a good set of snow tires vs even high-end all-seasons on snow and ice is night and day. Unfortunately the rest of the time even good snow tires are like driving in mashed potatoes. I recommend the Bridgestone Blizzaks. I had those before on my regular CTS, then bought Nitto snow tires for some reason for the V. I HATE the nittos. Horrendous traction in anything but ice and snow, and in the white stuff they're ok at best.

ImEpayne
04-23-13, 04:28 PM
Haha, I thought for sure that would blow off and it never did! I've always liked the Hankook Ipikes but never tried anything on the V. But I will be prepared for next season. I'm gunna say it... This should be the last snowfall.

robojesus
04-23-13, 06:40 PM
my weekend was great! monday wasn't.

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/62657_10152747708020361_1355235562_n.jpg

someone reached up behind my tire, and stabbed 11 holes in it.

CoSteve
04-23-13, 07:09 PM
I use Pirelli Sottozero tires on mine. Makes it completely bearable driving in the snow and they aren't bad when it dries out.

ImEpayne
04-23-13, 07:32 PM
That looks like a hate crime to me

D3l7a3ch0
04-23-13, 09:06 PM
my weekend was great! monday wasn't.

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/62657_10152747708020361_1355235562_n.jpg

someone reached up behind my tire, and stabbed 11 holes in it.

wasn't me

(wtf happened really)

JDB
04-23-13, 09:20 PM
Found a bubble on the sidewall of my RR Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 and luckily found a used one at a tire shop around an hour away, so road trip for a new used tire.

robojesus
04-23-13, 09:37 PM
wasn't me

(wtf happened really)

I wish I knew my brother. I'm pretty calm by nature, but I'd still like to find out who did it any why. I'm thinking it's someone who just hates the stroker motor swagger.

Andringa
04-23-13, 09:58 PM
11 times in one tire? And on the back side? I find it hard to believe that a person would do that.
Then again weirder things have been known to happen.

pato
04-23-13, 10:34 PM
I got close and personal with my V this weekend.
Did a wash, clay, compound, polish, and sealant.
Looks sharp :yup:

Wingsfan4life
04-23-13, 10:50 PM
I was forced to drive mine this winter as well..blew up my L67 Regal last fall...got some Pierlli winters and I was amazed by how well it actually handled...maybe my drifting helped a bit there idk...not driving it another winter tho...too many idiots on the roads when snow flies here in Man..lmao...cut and buffed it to remove most of my snow brush scratches, left some swirls but its gna be in the upper 60's this weekend so I'll get the rest of my swirls out this weekend...

seeyouinajif
04-23-13, 10:51 PM
This weekend I broke it in. Anyone have a how to on disabling stability control? I only saw one for the DVD player. Put 700 miles on it since I've picked it up Weds.

Wingsfan4life
04-23-13, 10:55 PM
Hold you're traction control button for 10 sec and it'll shut off..there's also a button in the glove box as well..

rand49er
04-23-13, 10:56 PM
After having mine sit in the garage for seven months only to watch it rain cats and dogs for the better of the last couple of weeks after I got it fired up, I finally got it out a bit this past weekend. Sure beats driving the DD. All in all, very uneventful.

Geez, some of you guys sure had some bad karma going on.

seeyouinajif
04-23-13, 10:57 PM
Awesome thanks. Found the traction control button right away. No owners manual came with the car, I'll have to search for a PDF. I can read it at work when I'm bored ha

Wingsfan4life
04-23-13, 11:01 PM
Checkout cadillacfaq.com that'll keep ya busy reading for a while...don't forget to get on the registry..Rand-feels good to look cool huh? :D

seeyouinajif
04-23-13, 11:07 PM
Just did the registry- thanks for the link to the faq.

carlson_mn
04-23-13, 11:09 PM
drove it all winter here in MN with snow tires, then we've had several storms since I put the summer Hankooks back on and it's been pretty frightful a couple times. The car will simply not go anywhere with summer tires in the rear and unplowed roads with any substantial snow. I also did a 180 merging on the highway in 5th gear when I hit a little ice/slush with barely any gas first morning out with the Hankooks earlier this month.

I just left it at work the day this happened last week and got a ride from a co-worker.
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/563859_10100465247737240_620984352_n.jpg

Wingsfan4life
04-23-13, 11:12 PM
Ouch!!! Last Thursday was pretty crazy bro, struggled a lil bit with my snows on...got a lil wiggy a few times but nothing too bad...

D3l7a3ch0
04-24-13, 01:35 AM
I wish I knew my brother. I'm pretty calm by nature, but I'd still like to find out who did it any why. I'm thinking it's someone who just hates the stroker motor swagger.

I was sure the photo was staged. they reached over the tire to puncture it

I call bs i think you staged the pic while changing that bald ass tire

JD03Cobra
04-24-13, 01:59 PM
Just went through the 5th winter with mine... definitely no garage queen here. On snow tires the V does very well. Looking forward to some warm pavement any day now.

D3l7a3ch0
04-24-13, 02:48 PM
while exiting the freeway last night, I swerved for a kitten

"damn that stupid, cute little kitten!"

so ... this thread has limited its own lifespan with the title, unless it is left to stand for every weekend hereafter? are we extending it to cover weekdays as well, cuz last night was a Tuesday...

joshuajohn1981
04-24-13, 05:42 PM
while exiting the freeway last night, I swerved for a kitten

"damn that stupid, cute little kitten!"

so ... this thread has limited its own lifespan with the title, unless it is left to stand for every weekend hereafter? are we extending it to cover weekdays as well, cuz last night was a Tuesday...

Dude! Did you go back and pick it up??

D3l7a3ch0
04-24-13, 05:46 PM
no, I didn't see the rest of the litter but it looked intent on going somewhere--probably to find the rest of its family.

and um... on a related note, I admire cute kittens but have learned to not pick them up.......

tophat
04-24-13, 07:21 PM
Went to Az for the weekend only to see everyone driving around in 90 degree weather pissed my V was at the airport parking lot and not with me, only to get back sunday to rain then snow, looking forward to 70 degrees this weekend here in MN, summer will come soon

Wingsfan4life
04-24-13, 09:56 PM
All us Mn boys really should meet up someplace in the next few weeks...maybe when rice killers start meeting up on Mondays we should represent

odthetruth
04-24-13, 11:55 PM
Jogged away from an Evo X, and put some 11s down in the street. Other then that, nothing much. This weekend I'll be mounting up my 275s and karting most likely.

carlson_mn
04-25-13, 12:38 AM
Just went through the 5th winter with mine... definitely no garage queen here. On snow tires the V does very well. Looking forward to some warm pavement any day now.

I think I know what you're saying, but not to give anyone the wrong idea I'll say that in my opinion the V even with good snow tires simply gets by in the winter (which is enough to make us happy). Got a ride in my co-workers regular old 2007 Chevy Impala with all-seasons and it simply plowed through 6" of unplowed crap like a tank. Heavy FWD cars with narrow tires can't be beat.

On another note the sunshine was out today it was nice, had an enthusiast guy in a Mazdaspeed 6 pacing me today on a road, we did a roll race he got a big jump and was WOT at about 30mph on some rain soaked roads, I kept it in 3rd so not to spin and reigned him after a bit, he said his goal is to have a V someday. Maybe I shouldn't tell him there's an 04 in town for sale for $9k.... he thinks they're expensive/special still lol.

D3l7a3ch0
04-25-13, 10:05 AM
whoa awesome

dmint
04-25-13, 05:41 PM
People in colorado cant drive period! Wether its snowing, raining or no clouds and all sun! I had a guy make a uturn into the passenger side of my car the first day I moved here a month ago! They drive slower than the speed limit in the left lane and in the right lane they clog it up and make you miss your exit! Its so infuriating! The only good thing is the V has the passing power to get around them in time!

ImEpayne
04-25-13, 06:10 PM
Amen to all of that dmint. Worst drivers. And I hate nothing more then those Mexican Roadblocks. EVERYONE does it.

thebigjimsho
04-25-13, 07:38 PM
Hold you're traction control button for 10 sec and it'll shut off..there's also a button in the glove box as well..

3 seconds. 5, tops...

ImEpayne
06-10-13, 05:09 PM
Took the V out to Good-Guys Colorado Nationals on Sunday for some fun. On Sunday they had "All-American Day" so even though it was a classic car show, I was able to enter my V on Sunday and park next to some pretty classics. Oh, and drive in with a cooler full of delicious beverages. This finally put a fire under my ass to detail the engine bay. So I chilled in the show, threw back some brews and went to town on my engine bay.

Had ALOT of people stop by and chat with my about my V. Even though it was a classic show, lots of people were interested in the V. I was also the only V there.

I love doing this kind of stuff. Anyone know an easy way to pick up some useful sponsors? Wouldn't mind repping the people the help me out at these kinds of things.115257