Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Nav/Radio Dropped Dead 06 STS

6K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  carter's_sts 
#1 ·
I parked the car at the mall, went inside for 3 hours, returned to the car and no Nav/Radio. No matter what I pressed or touched it would not come on. So I tried a shut down and restart. Nothing. This went on for three days, so I grabbed the Owners Manual and checked for a fuse for the radio. There is one 10 amp fuse under the right passenger seat. There is nothing else on that circuit to check to see if it is also dead. So, I lifted the rear seat and through some searching, found the fuse block (under the carpet in front of the rear seat), removed the radio 10 amp fuse and it was fine. Hmmmmmm. So, I replaced it. It was probably out for three minutes. Got everything buttoned up and started the car. There it was, my Nav/Radio. Just way to many tech systems in these cars nowadays.

So if I had a new ATS or XTS or other fime GM car that now uses the screen as the whole radio/Nav/clock/AC/ and so on and it failed... Better start walking.

#3 ·
I have had my Nav/Radio go out on me a couple of times...Screen comes on but does not respond to any touch buttons or console buttons, no sound, no nothing...

I have found that if I disconnect the positive battery terminal (like mentioned above) for about 5 minutes or so it fixes it...maybe I just need to pull the fuse, that would be a whole lot easier...If it happens again I'll just pull that fuse for a minute or 3.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.