: Aftermarket radio install problem-97 Catera (non-bose)

Glug
04-22-13, 01:35 AM
Hello all
I recently attempted to install an aftermarket unit in my sisters Catera.I used the supplied harness that came with the install kit.To my dismay the unit it wont power on...or do anything at all really.Its not a bose car so i didnt expect any hiccups.I'm at a total loss here.I never had issues with any of the previous 8 or so installs I've done,so i'm here looking for someone who might have gone through this before.

Is there a known issue using a "scosche GM03B" harness? Has anyone used it with success? Is it actually the right harness for this application?
Is there a source for a wiring diagram?
Is cutting off the factory connector and hardwiring even advisable?

Any tips/tricks/info/comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Submariner409
04-22-13, 04:29 PM
Let's move this to Catera - very little such activity in Item Specific, Audio, ... ... ...

97BLACKCAT
04-27-13, 09:41 AM
I had the same problem when I installed an aftermarket radio in my 97. I removed the knee panel under the steering column to get access to the fuse panel, found a constant 12v source and ran a wire over to the radio for the memory. Then I sourced the main power for the radio by splicing into the cig lighter power ( right under the radio opening ). There are probably many ways to do it but this worked for me! Hope this helps!

Glug
04-27-13, 04:41 PM
I had the same problem when I installed an aftermarket radio in my 97. I removed the knee panel under the steering column to get access to the fuse panel, found a constant 12v source and ran a wire over to the radio for the memory. Then I sourced the main power for the radio by splicing into the cig lighter power ( right under the radio opening ). There are probably many ways to do it but this worked for me! Hope this helps!

This is exactly what i ended up doing. Thanks for the reply.