: Rear view mirrors behaving strangely

flycaster
04-22-13, 12:51 AM
No big deal on this, but I thought it interesting. What I am about to describe doesn't happen when my wife is driving. Also, the mirrors were set to enable down.

When in reverse, the rear view mirrors turn down (as they should). However, when going into drive, the mirrors do move, but appear to come into a position that I would not have set. But all is not lost because when I hit my numbered seat button, the mirrors come back into position I had set them into. Any ideas on this one before I call my service folks?

bravnik
04-22-13, 11:22 AM
Have you had the CUE and other updates done? I do believe the CUE fixes this or there is another one for the memory settings I believe.

flycaster
04-22-13, 11:50 AM
Have you had the CUE and other updates done? I do believe the CUE fixes this or there is another one for the memory settings I believe.

CUE was updated before I bought the car. As far as I can tell, this mirror behavior is a recent development. And, once again, when my wife drives, the mirrors behave appropriately.

The proper memory settings are there as I believe that the mirrors start to return to their Drive position, but don't quite make it. Holding my seat button does bring them back to their proper position.

MyfirstCad
04-22-13, 09:58 PM
It happened to me as well. Turned out the mirrors returned to saved position 2. So I programed both 1 and 2 to the same position. Otherwise use the other key fob or turn off key fob specific presets. Hope it works out.