Cadillac Owners Forum banner

nav DING

3K views 21 replies 13 participants last post by  pat2t2f 
#1 ·
How do you shut off that annoying nav DING ?
I tried every setting, 3 times over, and the NAV will still DING at turns. It is so loud, and annoying.

#13 ·
Actually I like using map quest in my phone better. It's easier to use and I put an ear bud in my left ear so I can hear the directions and I can still talk to other people in the car. I also have the option of putting a bud in my right ear if the other occupants of the car are annoying me and I don't want to hear them anymore. :))

#15 ·
+1.
I don't drive for a living, but I turned the voice off on the NAV 2 years ago and haven't had it on since. When I'm following directions on the NAV in an unfamiliar area, that white vertical bar on the screen that fills up exactly at the intersection works for me, especially in conjunction with looking ahead by using the directions screen that tells you all the turns on your route and how far it is between them. Took a little while to learn to trust that white bar, but it's foolproof!

Best regards,

Elie

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.