: Ats gas cap

Dsnelli
04-21-13, 12:11 AM
Where can I get a locking gas cap for my Ats?

Fraggy
04-21-13, 12:19 AM
The door locks right?

Rongotti
04-21-13, 02:09 AM
Mine doesnt

pissedoffwookiee
04-21-13, 03:49 AM
why do you want one?

Rongotti
04-21-13, 09:58 AM
I just wish the gas cap would stay on the holder, mine always falls off and hits my paint :mad:

Hoosier Daddy
04-21-13, 10:09 AM
I just wish the gas cap would stay on the holder, mine always falls off and hits my paint :mad:
Huh? I haven't taken delivery yet so haven't pumped any gas but I knew there wasn't a locking cap or door (unless you get the security package). My understanding is that there is NO cap at all, like my Mustang. So you are saying there is a physical cap? That's weird. I shouldn't be surprised about clueless salespeople but I had one bring up a lack of cap as a weight saving measure by Cadillac.

Fraggy
04-21-13, 10:46 AM
Huh? I haven't taken delivery yet so haven't pumped any gas but I knew there wasn't a locking cap or door (unless you get the security package). My understanding is that there is NO cap at all, like my Mustang. So you are saying there is a physical cap? That's weird. I shouldn't be surprised about clueless salespeople but I had one bring up a lack of cap as a weight saving measure by Cadillac.

Oh yea, there is a cap, with a tether which you hang on a little hook.

I never noticed that the door doesn't look, I just assumed that it did like every other car in the class. Weird.

danscrim
04-21-13, 08:50 PM
Oh yea, there is a cap, with a tether which you hang on a little hook.

I never noticed that the door doesn't look, I just assumed that it did like every other car in the class. Weird.

The gas door only locks when you get the Advanced Security Package

I use the tether all the time to hang the cap on the hook on the door. Works perfectly every time. Was so happy when I found it.

Fraggy
04-22-13, 01:15 AM

I use the tether all the time to hang the cap on the hook on the door. Works perfectly every time. Was so happy when I found it.

I checked it out today, pretty funny. I guess people aren't stealing gas like they used to.

blue_skies
04-22-13, 01:22 PM

The locking gas filler door, HID, LED trim, are only available in 'up-level' packages, but not as individual options.

Clever marketing, or dumb decisions? If you compare the ATS to similar Japanese offerings, you'd get a lot more options from the Japanese for less money.

I, for one, am convinced that Cadillac marketeers manage to sell more upgraded trim models, but (far) fewer ATS cars overall. Especially if you consider that many cars are 'made to order'.

I mean, seriously, how much does a locking filler door actually cost? HID versus Halogen? These are puny amounts, whereas the up-level packages are big amounts (and do include other - less-essential - items). Actually, they aren't packages, but 'trim-levels', and you have to move to an entire new trim level.

Oh, and if you want the folding rear seat, you are stuck already. It is also not available as a separate option.

But the negativity flowing from all owner's complaint will hunt the model for years to come. "A $50k luxury car and no locking gas filler door? hahaha...."

Cisitalia
04-22-13, 07:38 PM
The locking gas filler door, HID, LED trim, are only available in 'up-level' packages, but not as individual options.
This statement is not true for the locking gas filler door that is. danscrim was correct it only comes with the Advanced Security Package. I checked my sticker since I have the security package and I checked the brochure which clearly states it is optional on ALL models.

I just noticed that if someone pushs on the gas filler door while locked, nothing happens, it just stays locked. But the next time you unlock the car, the gas filler door will pop open cracked slightly. So you would then have to push the door completly in to stay flush. A little weird.

I agree with most people here, this should be a standard feature.