: Woo Hoo, Thank You RevShift. I love my bushings !

SevillianSTS
04-20-13, 10:32 PM
^^^ how's that for a title... LOL Whole new car to me.

Just got my revshift Red rear cradle bushings in along with the Blue diff bushing and CS Diff bushing Block. What a difference. It feels like the car is biting down and grabbing the pavement now. The front end seems to be pulling up more.
A lot easier / smoother to get her sideways too :yup:

I have a Borla Cat back exhaust, not a whole lot louder than stock when crusing... and I can barely tell a difference in sound from the bushings.

Other mods are UUC shifter with poly shifter bushings. RevShift trans mount insert, and Trailing arm bushings, and G-Force anti wheel-hop axles. I noticed a little hop one time today, but NOTHING like before.

Will BMR trailing arms help smooth it out more ?? I'm guessing new better tires will help too.
Also, Would the Revshift lower shock mount bushings help ??

D3l7a3ch0
04-21-13, 12:56 AM
this makes me want those bushings, too

FuzzyLogic
04-21-13, 09:59 AM
You won't feel any difference with the BMR or Killernoodle trailing arms. It's the lower trailing arm bushings that you want (and already have, as noted). Those offer a minor but noticeable stability improvement.

Revshift doesn't make lower shock mount bushings. Creative Steel does. The most efficient upgrade path for those bushings is to upgrade your shocks. Only the FE4/FG2s have those crappy rubber bushings.

Better tires will make wheelhop worse.

SevillianSTS
04-21-13, 03:33 PM
You won't feel any difference with the BMR or Killernoodle trailing arms. It's the lower trailing arm bushings that you want (and already have, as noted). Those offer a minor but noticeable stability improvement.

Revshift doesn't make lower shock mount bushings. Creative Steel does. The most efficient upgrade path for those bushings is to upgrade your shocks. Only the FE4/FG2s have those crappy rubber bushings.

Thanks Fuzzy,

You get your Revshift bushings in yet ?

I know the BMR trailing arms get rid of the front/upper rubber bushing on the trailing arm... that won't help ?

It does have slight noticeable hop, but NOTHING like before. I drifted half way around a loop-d-loop intersection today and so much easier to control now.

FuzzyLogic
04-21-13, 04:15 PM
You get your Revshift bushings in yet ?

I know the BMR trailing arms get rid of the front/upper rubber bushing on the trailing arm... that won't help?

I've had my bushings since November. Haven't had time to install them because of school and work. Remember this picture?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/QuicksilverG4/DSC00451.jpg

While replacing the upper trailing arm bushing probably has some net positive effect on handling, I couldn't tell the difference. And I'm pretty picky.

DDS rollin a CTS
04-21-13, 09:32 PM

^^^ Yeah that. I just installed 275's (Bridgestone re-11's) all the way around and now the wheel hop is intolerable. If you even think about spinning the tires they start bouncing. I was already planning on getting axles, bushings, and maybe shocks, but now I think I'll have to accelerate that plan. Any recommendations on the most cost efficient yet effective approach?

FuzzyLogic
04-21-13, 09:35 PM
^^^ Yeah that. I just installed 275's all the way around and now the wheel hop is intolerable If you even think about spinning the tires they start bouncing. I was already planning on getting axles, bushings, and maybe shocks, but now I think I'll have to accelerate that plan. Any recommendations on the most cost efficient yet effective approach?

Have you seen the DIY 8.8" build thread on LS1Tech? Bushings will help in the meantime.

SevillianSTS
04-22-13, 11:29 AM
Been driving the car for a few days now with the bushings installed...

In the words of Jay Leno "The drive is more important than the destination" :yup:

Only problem now... being "sideways" is much more easily controlled... gonna cost in tires

DDS rollin a CTS
04-22-13, 01:51 PM
Have you seen the DIY 8.8" build thread on LS1Tech? Bushings will help in the meantime.

No I haven't, I'll have to check that out. Which bushings are the most effective? I've already got the trans mount insert and motor mounts on their way. Do you have to pretty much do all the rear-end bushings to get much improvement, or is there one or two things that have the most impact?

repenttokyo
04-22-13, 01:56 PM
I just put my Revshift motor mounts, tranny insert, and diff bushing in too, and the difference is astounding. No more clunks, everything is much tighter. Hotchkiss sways are on now too, and once my BFG Rivals get here, I will be ready for the track season!

barrok69
04-22-13, 02:01 PM
No I haven't, I'll have to check that out. Which bushings are the most effective? I've already got the trans mount insert and motor mounts on their way. Do you have to pretty much do all the rear-end bushings to get much improvement, or is there one or two things that have the most impact?

Cradle Bushings + Gforce econo axles + trailing arm bushings = goodbye wheelhop.

FuzzyLogic
04-22-13, 03:35 PM

You'd be insane not to do them all. Each one helps in a different way, and once you've got the subframe out, you're in a good spot to hit everything.

Here's the DIY 8.8" thread:

http://ls1tech.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v/1592297-diy-ford-8-8-into-v1-build-thread.html

SevillianSTS
04-22-13, 05:12 PM
Cradle Bushings + Gforce econo axles + trailing arm bushings = goodbye wheelhop.

I have new stock motor mounts, I have RevShift Blue motor mounts on the shelf. Will these help with the hop too ?? It still does just a little (but tolerable now.)

I actually think the car drives smoother now that I have the red cradle bushings in; must have cleaned up some major slop.

xbladr
04-22-13, 08:11 PM
I just did red revshift cradle and trailing arm bushings as well as blue MM's and trans insert and the difference is night and day. No comparison!

DDS rollin a CTS
04-22-13, 10:03 PM

Thanks thats what I was looking for!

You'd be insane not to do them all. Each one helps in a different way, and once you've got the subframe out, you're in a good spot to hit everything.

Here's the DIY 8.8" thread:

http://ls1tech.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v/1592297-diy-ford-8-8-into-v1-build-thread.html

I'll look into the other bushings too. Purchase price isn't the only issue. I don't have anywhere to work on the car so I'll have to take it to a shop to have it done, so I have to factor in installation cost too. I'll look into the DIY 8.8" but I'm guessing thats beyond the scope of what I'm looking to do to the car for the time being.

FuzzyLogic
04-22-13, 10:44 PM
I don't have anywhere to work on the car either (I have a condo, not a house). If I can do it, you can too!

DDS rollin a CTS
04-22-13, 10:51 PM
I suppose I could do it in the parking lot of my apartment, but the other complicating factor I discovered when I installed the PISSNUOFF shifter is...I'm too fat to fit under my car even on jack stands.

Motown Cad
04-23-13, 02:15 PM
You and me both! Thank god for the auto hobby shop on base. I'd rather have that instead of free health care for life!

----------

Nice shrine fuzzy!

MikeDeadly
05-11-13, 03:18 PM
Hi All,
I just received my order from Rev and can't wait to get these mounts and bushings in.

Any tips on putting in the motor mounts, trans insert and diff bushing for some one new to this vehicle?

I've had my 07 V for about a month now and can't get enough of her.

Thanks,
Mike

ls6v
05-11-13, 10:09 PM
Hi All,
I just received my order from Rev and can't wait to get these mounts and bushings in.

Any tips on putting in the motor mounts, trans insert and diff bushing for some one new to this vehicle?

I've had my 07 V for about a month now and can't get enough of her.

Thanks,
Mike

Read every revshift thread you can get your hands on between this site and ls1tech and you'll soon have all the confidence you need to tackle all the bushings and mounts. Lots of guys have put up very good info on the subject. And ignore the revshift is slow at processing orders crap as the company is just two guys and everyone here will tell you their products are well worth the wait. Just be patient and realistic and don't plan on installing anything before they get it shipped to you.

MikeDeadly
05-11-13, 11:10 PM
Thanks for the reply. I have been looking over this site and ls1tech since I bought the car, so I think I'm prepared. I also was actually pleased with Revshift. I received my order today after ordering on the 21st of last month, so the turn around was not at all as bad as some made it sound.
-M