: Strange Noise, Grinding

Chillwill123
04-20-13, 09:06 PM
My 2007 Escalade is making a grinding noise. It sounds like the front breaks. But I checked them and the have plenty on them. Checked all the fluids and changed the oil. Added a bit more transmission fluid just to bring it up. can anybody tell me what this noise might be?

K9Caddy
04-21-13, 06:40 AM
Need some more explanation. Does it grind when you step on the brakes? Does it grind when you turn the wheels? What is it doing exactly? It could be many things. I'd advise you to take it to your local dealer or favorite repair man, to get it checked out.

Chillwill123
04-21-13, 10:10 AM
It makes the noise when I start to drive. I'm thinking it might be the wheel bearings', ball joints or something because it only happens when I'm moving. And thanks because I was thinking the same thing to take it to the dealer since it's under warranty. I really appreciate the feed back.

Cadillac Cust Svc
04-21-13, 03:23 PM
My 2007 Escalade is making a grinding noise. It sounds like the front breaks. But I checked them and the have plenty on them. Checked all the fluids and changed the oil. Added a bit more transmission fluid just to bring it up. can anybody tell me what this noise might be?

Hello Chillwill123,

I am sorry you are experiencing issues with your Escalade. I recommend taking your vehicle into your local dealership. They will be able to properly diagnose your vehicle. If you need help locating a nearby dealership or would like me to help schedule an appointment please let me know! Thank you, have a great night.

Sincerely,
Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Service

XSTAR
04-21-13, 06:15 PM
Front wheels bearings is my guess.

blackex
04-22-13, 08:09 AM
Yeah my guess is wheel bearings also. Had similar issues with mine and ended up replacing them both. Especially if you have any aftermarket rims they will wear out faster.

Chillwill123
04-22-13, 09:42 AM
I'm sure you're right because everything you you mentioned fits the issue. I'm taking it in now.

blackex
04-22-13, 09:47 AM
Dealer will want to charge you around $1200 for the entire job. The wheel bearings or hub saying are about $400+ per wheel according to the dealerships pricing system. If you are out of warranty which you probably will be with a 2007, purchase some wheel hub assemblies or wheel bearings since they are called either one, online at rockauto.com or your local auto parts store depending on who has the better warranty and have a reputable shop do the job. Each wheel bearing or hub assembly is priced at around $220 per wheel everywhere else besides the dealer.

Chillwill123
04-22-13, 12:16 PM
Thanks a lot, good info.

SpyShops NY
04-23-13, 12:04 AM
http://newyork.craigslist.org/lgi/pts/3740030736.html This guy has a good deal for 350 for both, anyone that can do brakes can install it.

joeyrocks
04-24-13, 02:39 PM
It sounds like the muffler bearing.. go to autozone.. the mechanics in the parking lot can fix it, and for CHEAP(that's what everyone wants right, CHEAP?)

blackex
04-24-13, 03:19 PM
Or the headlight fluid is low...

adamjeeps
04-24-13, 10:59 PM
It sounds like the muffler bearing.. go to autozone.. the mechanics in the parking lot can fix it, and for CHEAP(that's what everyone wants right, CHEAP?)

It's only cheap if you think the dealership is a fair price. Most feel the dealer is overpriced and Autozone, etc... is a fair price.

blackex
04-25-13, 07:56 AM
It's only cheap if you think the dealership is a fair price. Most feel the dealer is overpriced and Autozone, etc... is a fair price.

They aren't exactly looking out for customers best interest which is getting the job done at a fair price to them. I went into my local dealer to complain about the wind noise from my windows on the highway and they said that they noticed my wheel bearings up front were bad and that the noise I was hearing was probably from that. So they said if I paid $1200 to replace the wheel bearings first then they would be able to see if the wind noise was the bearings or not. It really isn't that difficult to notice excessive wind noise coming from the windows at higher speeds...:bigroll:

brooklynallstar
06-02-13, 11:38 AM
Did you get the issue resolved?!