: 1971 cadillac cruise control

ZeldaOoT
04-20-13, 06:24 PM
Hello everyone,

A question for you all. My 1971 DeVille has cruise control that isn't functioning. When I turn on the cruise switch, it does light up "on" in green, however, when I push the button to engage it on the turn signals nothing happens. Anyone have any ideas what the issue may be given this info?

Thanks,
-ZeldaOoT

----------

Allow me to add- I doubled checked that my tubes hold vacuum pressure and they do. I think the issue is that the wire connected saying "engage" is only attached by a thread. Could that be the issue even though it is still attached, although only by one wire? I feel it is but had one person tell me it wouldn't be. I just want another opinion.

77CDV
04-22-13, 10:38 PM
If all the vacuum is hooked up right, and the bead chain that connects the servo to the throttle is hooked up, then the servo is bad.

ZeldaOoT
04-24-13, 12:21 AM
Do you still think that given the wiring issue I mentioned?

70eldo
05-30-13, 09:10 AM
The coil spring inside the cruise control unit is probably broken. It is a mechanical cruise control that works with springs, vacuum and contacts. I have the same thing. I tried to replace the coil spring a long time ago, but had no success. I will check out a remanufactured one from cardone. They offer them through ebay as well.

I just haven't found the real need for it to spend the money...