: Alernator mounts for headers

BUCKSTRONG
04-20-13, 05:43 PM
I have a 66 Coupe Deville with 429, I replaced the exhaust manifords with headers and am looking for a workable alternator mount and bracket. Does anyone know of a product for this application?

MrHolland
04-20-13, 06:37 PM
MrGasket did make a cheap chrome bracket for that,,,,,20 yrs ago..... maybe they still do.

deVille33
04-21-13, 08:18 AM
Alternate mount brackets for headers were usually sent as part of the kit with early header packages. Later they were sold as options to the application. Mr. Gasket, Adaptor, Moroso and others made these optional brackets as solutions for Chevy engines, later on for Ford and Mopar. Cadillac was overlooked, for the most part. Hooker made Headers for just about anything. Hedman was the second biggest header producer. Perhaps one of them still have a part number for this part. I have some old catalogs and could look this up if your online search comes up short.

rodnok01
04-21-13, 08:27 AM
My advice is to put the stockers on and figure out spacers and modifications needed and weld up your own set. Doubt if you're going to find what you are looking for.