Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Code P2601

5K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Ghost Deany 
#1 ·
2 days ago i changed my oil, and also had power steering fluid all over everything from a couple weeks ago, so i hosed it off of everything and removed the 2 plastic covers on the bottom of the car that cover the oil pan etc. and hosed everything clean. Yesterday after i parked in the garage, i went back into the car to move it outside for something and noticed my CEL was on, so i hooked up my scanner and it came up with P2601, something about the coolant circuit pump. I noticed then that the temperature was reaching up to over heating. I cleared the code off, and the temp was still high, so i parked it in the garage until today. Start it up, made a loud weird noise that sounds like the DI engine starting up but some weird clicking. then everything was running fine, did a restart no noise. Took it for a drive and the lights still off and the operating temperature is normal. Any ideas? 2011 STS with 34k miles. Maybe something got wet? Also, does everyone air conditioning get cold while driving, but then while parked and idling get warmer? I notice when driving the AC is fine and ice cold, but if i park and sit in park running, the air will get significantly warmer

#5 ·
Hello Ghost Deany,

I am sorry you are experiencing vehicle issues. That is good you have an appointment with your local dealership on Monday. That is what I was going to recommend. The dealership will be able to properly diagnose your issues. When you bring your vehicle in, make sure to tell them everything that has concerned you with your vehicle. I will reach out to you early this week to check on your dealership visit. If you have other questions or concerns please let us know. Thanks, have a great night.

Sincerely,
Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Service

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.