: 2005 Escalade EXT -- Problem with Nav Display when headlights turn on

gacck
04-20-13, 03:29 PM
This problem just started. When my headlights are in auto mode and the sensor detects that there is enough daylight and automatically turns the headlights off it causes my Nav Display and backlighting to turn off as well. If I then turn on my fog lights the nav display and backlighting come back on. Can't figure this one out.

Any help?

Cadillac Cust Svc
04-20-13, 05:29 PM
This problem just started. When my headlights are in auto mode and the sensor detects that there is enough daylight and automatically turns the headlights off it causes my Nav Display and backlighting to turn off as well. If I then turn on my fog lights the nav display and backlighting come back on. Can't figure this one out.

Any help?

Hello gacck,

I recommend taking your vehicle into your local dealership. The service department will be able to properly diagnose your vehicle concern and help fix this issue. If you would like me to help you locate a nearby dealership and set up an appointment, please let me know. I am here to be of assistance. Thanks. Have a great night.

Sincerely,
Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Service

the cadillac man
04-20-13, 07:42 PM

Any help?

While the fog lights are on go into the settings and see what the backlight level adjustment is at for night time
If it ain't the radio adjustments then its in the headlight switch