: Ugh! Iphone music pairing!

lheimann
04-20-13, 02:48 PM
Ok guys/ gals .... How do I pair my iPhone 4S with my V as a music device? Looked at past threads, googled and can't get it to pair as a music device? Is this not possible? I have it paired as a phone device but can't get it to play music :(
Your help is greatly appreciated!

RaVeNous
04-20-13, 02:54 PM
No streaming.

lheimann
04-20-13, 02:58 PM
No streaming.

Seriously? Wtf? Damn neighbors dodge does it :( now sad. Figured with all the bells and whistles this thing has something as simple as that would be standard.
Thanks for the reply!

1997BlackETC
04-20-13, 03:03 PM
The sound system on these cars was designed in 2008 so it's not exactly state of the art. You need to hook up your i phone to the usb jack and 3.5 mm jack with the special cord that should have been supplied with the car specifically for the I phone or I pod. If you are missing the cord you can easily get another either online or at the cadillac dealer. You keep your device in the armrest compartment when hooked up and should be able to control it through the head unit and see display info on the screen.

lheimann
04-20-13, 03:37 PM
The sound system on these cars was designed in 2008 so it's not exactly state of the art. You need to hook up your i phone to the usb jack and 3.5 mm jack with the special cord that should have been supplied with the car specifically for the I phone or I pod. If you are missing the cord you can easily get another either online or at the cadillac dealer. You keep your device in the armrest compartment when hooked up and should be able to control it through the head unit and see display info on the screen.

Thanks. I think I'm just going to try the HDD? Option. Threading to see how that works. Unfortunately bought this used and missing owners manual and an and all cords it came with so for now just using as aux to play. :) just a bit inconvenient to have to unplug phone to use and re plug back in it music :(

RaVeNous
04-20-13, 03:45 PM
The HDD is way more useful than streaming in my opinion

1997BlackETC
04-20-13, 03:46 PM
Yep, I hear you. I use a android phone and cannot even control it as the system in the caddy was only designed for apple products, but at least I can still stream music with the 3.5mm jack. My 2012 chevy truck does not even have a 3.5 mm jack, they really missed the boat on that one, the system in the truck was designed for model year 2004, lol.

lheimann
04-20-13, 04:05 PM
The HDD is way more useful than streaming in my opinion

That's what I've been hearing. So just some googling and i think I'm going that route ;)

----------

Yep, I hear you. I use a android phone and cannot even control it as the system in the caddy was only designed for apple products, but at least I can still stream music with the 3.5mm jack. My 2012 chevy truck does not even have a 3.5 mm jack, they really missed the boat on that one, the system in the truck was designed for model year 2004, lol.

My husbands 2013 gmc dually isn't any better either. Really wish GM would get up to date! Frustrating when there are plenty of other makes out there that kick the snot out of GM and the system upgrades... But I guess they have to do something since GM kicks the snot of them in performance. ;)

marcusp23
04-21-13, 01:18 AM
Someone posted about a Bluetooth device that they had used and really liked. I think it was a Belkin. Gave them he ability to connect via bluetooth. Might want to search the old threads.

DCV
04-21-13, 11:30 AM
HDD just get your cd's and load thrm on or use a USB stick to load therm if you already ripped them. I'm up to 65 cd's loaded on mine.

RaVeNous
04-21-13, 12:21 PM
Yep it burns directly off a cd - better quality

Or directly off a USB flash drive mp3 format - good quality if the mp3 is good quality

It actually isn't painfully slow either.