: Bilstien vs Arnott Shocks

limoguys
04-20-13, 12:28 PM
Would you recommend the new Bilstein Shocks or the Remanufactured Arnott Rear shocks for
07 Escalade Esv? I want the smoothest ride
Possible

blackex
04-20-13, 12:30 PM
Another member brought up the fact that the remanufactured shocks seem a little risky since they are essentially breaking down old shocks and rebuilding them opposed to spending the same for brand new ones? I bought brand new Bilstein's from Arnotts site and couldn't be happier.

wesyder
04-20-13, 01:13 PM
Would you recommend the new Bilstein Shocks or the Remanufactured Arnott Rear shocks for
07 Escalade Esv? I want the smoothest ride
Possible

I was told the bilsteins offered its own dampening and the factory remans retained the original computer controlled dampening so i went with the remans, same here, no complaints , everything is remanufactured these days

RippyPartsDept
04-20-13, 01:18 PM
reman shocks are only replacing the air bladders
there is no way to reman the actual shock
if there was then GM/ACDelco would be all over it

PM or email me your VIN and I'll see what kind of deal I can get you on the OEMs

limoguys
04-20-13, 01:46 PM
Anyone tried these?
https://www.arnottindustries.com/part_CADILLAC_yid6_pid180_gid772.html

wesyder
04-20-13, 02:12 PM
Anyone tried these?
https://www.arnottindustries.com/part_CADILLAC_yid6_pid180_gid772.html

Those are the bilsteins, nice units, im sure any shock setup from arnott that u decide on will exceed your expectations

limoguys
04-20-13, 02:16 PM
Thanks! What is dampening?

RippyPartsDept
04-20-13, 02:17 PM
dampening is what a shock does ... it dampens the oscillation of the spring

the more dampening the firmer the ride the less the more bounces after a dip/bump

getting it just right is the job of GM's suspension engineers ... and why magneride shocks are so much better than conventional (they can adjust the dampening on the fly over 1000 times a second)

limoguys
04-20-13, 03:02 PM
Thank You. So you feel that OEM shocks give a smoother ride than the new Bilsteins?

----------

My current ride has OEM with leaky shocks. The ride is smooth on highway but bumpy around town. Could be much better

RippyPartsDept
04-20-13, 03:08 PM
i'm not sure about the comparison between OEM and Bilsteins ... that would be a good side by side comparison though

i do know that the OEMs will work as designed/engineered ... aftermarket can be hit or miss on how well they have been adapted

i have heard of other members being happy with their bilsteins though so you probably could go either way

like I said, PM or email me your VIN and i'll price out the OEMs for you on monday