: Northstar knock finally gone

neverlateSTS
04-20-13, 10:45 AM
After repeated attempts by the dealer to fix the engine clatter /knock with a final diagnosis as exhaust pulses in the exhaust system I decided to trade this car in. I was very disappointed in GM and their customer service excuse board and understand now why the lease program is the best option for these cars. 3 and out is the best way to keep your costs in line. When your warranty is over the magic begins. I still had 27k left in the warranty but timed out by years.
I did isolate the noise to the right catalytic converter but by this time i was way passed having any interest in this car. I hope all of you have good luck with your cars and enjoy them to their fullest extent. They are very nice riding but once the 70k comes on repairs come fast and expensive. Thanks to all for some interesting reading.New ride is like me blink and you are gone.

Mr.electric
04-20-13, 10:56 AM
So what is the new ride?

stevenriz
04-30-13, 02:18 PM
at about 80k, my converters started illuminating the engine light. come to find out they are warranted (at least in 2005) for 150k miles. Now tith 130k, I have a slight "knock" when driving 20-30mph with no "force" on the pedal. Just like when coasting. Weird. When I step on it, the knock goes away...