: V8 vs Hybrids

MEJIA
01-10-05, 01:56 PM
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=568&ncid=568&e=11&u=/nm/20050110/bs_nm/autos_show_gm_engines_dc_2

Mejia ;)

CoupeDevilleRob
01-10-05, 02:16 PM
I love that last quote from Lutz. It's like he gave the Japanese makers a swift kick in the nuts.

Night Wolf
01-10-05, 03:37 PM
return of the V8's baby!

just when everyone thought big cars... and gasoline enignes were dead... us Americans are running full throttle back into the game :)

I'll be backing that up with 2 Cadillac V8's pushing my way thru the little import world..... this is great :)

lol... 5.3 V8 in the Impala... that is stuffing a big enigne in a midsize family car... not my choice of car... but damn it is nice :)

evilrussian
01-10-05, 03:46 PM
:dammit: I want the Camaro back! :madtalkin

illumina
01-10-05, 11:21 PM
what is the difference between the hybrids and the V8's?

about a 6 second differential between 0-60 times and the fact that a hybrid is THAT much lighter than a typical V8 car... :helpless:

who gives a shit about gasoline?

i do! the more i burn, the better use it has. you see, i am putting nothing to waste.

thank god for V8's!

Guinness4h2o
01-10-05, 11:32 PM
Like I already said on another post...

Those tiny engined hybrids have massive cooling loads compared to the power required to propel the car. On a hot day, that totally kills the efficiency. At 95 degrees with the air conditioning full on...the Northstar is probably more efficient than the hybrid, not to mention power and nice flat torque curve. :cool:

danbuc
01-10-05, 11:36 PM
That was great. I saw something interesting while watching motorweek the other day. They tested the new Hybrid Civic, and it turned a mid to high 15 second 1/4 mile time. Even more interesting, was the fact that it was alot faster than the regular gasoline one. I guess they really put that electric motor to use in that car.