: intermittent tire pressure reading faliure

harrynw
04-20-13, 08:48 AM
My car has twice now said that the is a problem with tire pressure on left rear tire. The first time it did it, I had just started the car, so I got out and the tire looked OK. When I changed the display to tire pressure, it didn't have any reading for this tire. Later after stopping and turning the car off, when restarted all was fine. It did it again a couple of weeks later, and again was fine. I will have the dealer look at it when it is ready for oil, but has anyone else had this problem? I don't see how they can fix something that is working when they see it.

beachcad
04-22-13, 10:33 AM
My car has twice now said that the is a problem with tire pressure on left rear tire. The first time it did it, I had just started the car, so I got out and the tire looked OK. When I changed the display to tire pressure, it didn't have any reading for this tire. Later after stopping and turning the car off, when restarted all was fine. It did it again a couple of weeks later, and again was fine. I will have the dealer look at it when it is ready for oil, but has anyone else had this problem? I don't see how they can fix something that is working when they see it.

I believe the problem is most likely due to a bad TPMS sensor in the wheel.

am6948
04-22-13, 02:01 PM
I also have had similar issues - comes on and stays on for awhile and then goes away - had the dealer look at it and supposedly reflashed the control module but it sill happens.

C&C
04-23-13, 05:45 AM
I had the same issue in my STS; the dealer needed to change the wheel sensor and all was well again. (mine was intermittent as well)