: BMR VS GForce? Anti wheel hop kit

ccorde
04-19-13, 11:44 PM
HI guys. I am shopping for Anti wheel hop kit and i found 2 one is Gforce($560) and another is BMR ($300) both claim 75% wheel hop reduction. Anybody have one of those and can tell witch one is better? $300 sounds a lot better then $560 but only if it same performance.

OneFast V
04-20-13, 01:47 AM
Revshift cradle bushings + Gforce axles (both sides)

PISNUOFF
04-20-13, 06:46 AM
At the least, do the GForce axles.

rand49er
04-20-13, 07:15 AM
Revshift cradle bushings + Gforce axles (both sides)

At the least, do the GForce axles.I have the Specter Werkes cradle bushings + DSS/Hendrix axles (both sides). You'll have a tough time finding them now, so follow OneFastV's and PISNUOFF's advice.

Heavybody
04-20-13, 08:00 AM
My car has the BMR kit the previous owner installed it. He said it improved wheel hop ... But it's definitely not gone.

lilgCTS-V
04-20-13, 08:23 AM
bmr sucks, you want wheel hop gone you have to do cradle bushings from rev shift gforce axles and trailing arms.

runsfromdacops
04-20-13, 12:33 PM
i think the axles are a waste of time and $$$. do all the rearend bushings and never look back

lilgCTS-V
04-20-13, 01:13 PM
i think the axles are a waste of time and $$$. do all the rearend bushings and never look back

Although i agree, axles on a stock diff help take out that last 10 percent of hop.

PISNUOFF
04-21-13, 09:17 AM
The axles alone took out 90% of my wheel hop.

lollygagger8
04-25-13, 03:01 PM

Incorrect.

I would do the axles waaaaaayyyy before I did rear bushings.

Here's what I did in order:

BMR Kit (w/o cross bar cuz it won't fit over B&B exahust): didn't help at all, and blew my diff into 4 pieces.

Hendrix Axles: They stopped 85% of the wheel hop. I got caught in the rain once and the wheelhop came right back.

Gforce 9": No wheelhop. Ever. Love it.

robojesus
04-25-13, 03:05 PM
Between the revshift cradle bushings, UUC (i think) diff bushing, and the gforce axles, I have no wheelhop. runsfromdacops, I never thought I'd say this, but you have no credibility. I never expected to tell someone with a TT-V that he's a moron, but you are.

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/563307_10152579735775361_501790507_n.jpg

i obviously granny shifted. this is with over 500rwhp and a 5000 rpm clutch dump.[COLOR="Silver"]

lollygagger8
04-25-13, 03:37 PM
Gforce 9" will allow this.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdeGfNkI2ko
(before I got my new rimsies)

While I realize it is completely and utterly retarded to melt down tires to the cords, I loved every second of it.

Plus they were wore out anyways.

runsfromdacops
04-25-13, 08:14 PM
I dont need your validation. 0 ****s given eather way.

to me it makes the most sense to me that shity bushing play the bigest role in wheel hop. Not all of it but id say most of it.wheel hop is all about suspension flex and geometry.

If you think axels play the biggest role by all mean have at it.

9"= a big waste of $$ on these cars. I think the 8.8 is a better option for a much lower price and is in my car with 0 wheel hop.

PJGross
04-26-13, 09:19 AM
For the OP, I think it is good to realize that there is a lot of time between the options you found. The BMR fix was sort of a first generation that came out shortly after these cars were produced. GForce/DSS/Henrix got in the game much more recently addressing axles, and Revshift really only started production in the last two years with bushing options. Some have come and gone like the delrin inserts, etc, but I would browse current threads and take the advice in the replies above to get the latest ideas.

I have the BMR full kit with the brackets, etc. It was put on with the previous owner. I have crazy wheel hop if I don't baby it out of the hole. However, behind my maggied motor, I think the threat of wheelhop has allowed me to rack up 60k maggied miles on the original diff. 80k total maggied miles on my V with the original diff.

I wouldn't do the BMR kit today. I would probably do bushings first since stock are crap. I'd have a hard time justifying axles without addressing the bushings, though, now that they are available. Find the vids of the rear cradle under acceleration and you will be putting in bushings first for sure.

Not saying axles aren't a great idea, etc. They are on my list (at least the one that my inner axle seal is leaking) but AFTER bushings. :)

-PJ

HAMSTAR
04-26-13, 09:59 AM
^ why look, a reasonable, measured, well-written thoughtful forum post.

NAD
04-29-13, 09:34 AM
FYI...I have a couple sets of the Delrin Cradle bushings available now for the 04-05 model years if any one would like them. $250 plus shipping. Private message me you are interested.

hXc95SLS
04-30-13, 11:43 AM
I have absolutely zero hop in my V now but I also spent an arm and a leg replacing pretty much everything in the back of the car. New diff, BMR trailing arms on toe rods, Revshift cradle and diff bushings, Gforce axles, Hotchkis sways, Powergrid adjustable end links and Ground Control coil overs. Now I just need a set of tires besides my RE-11s to roast.

nickweems
11-09-13, 02:30 AM
I have absolutely zero hop in my V now but I also spent an arm and a leg replacing pretty much everything in the back of the car. New diff, BMR trailing arms on toe rods, Revshift cradle and diff bushings, Gforce axles, Hotchkis sways, Powergrid adjustable end links and Ground Control coil overs. Now I just need a set of tires besides my RE-11s to roast.

I know this is an old thread but I have some stuff that I would like to sell that I will be posting in either the new Classifieds (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-classifieds-marketplace/) or the old Classifieds (http://www.cadillacforums.com/cadillac-classifieds/).

lollygagger8
11-11-13, 01:38 PM
I dont need your validation. 0 ****s given eather way.

to me it makes the most sense to me that shity bushing play the bigest role in wheel hop. Not all of it but id say most of it.wheel hop is all about suspension flex and geometry.

If you think axels play the biggest role by all mean have at it.

9"= a big waste of $$ on these cars. I think the 8.8 is a better option for a much lower price and is in my car with 0 wheel hop.

This guy has a masters degree in grammar & spelling, so take his advice. He runfromdacops in video games and has a lot of trophies on PS3. He obviously knows what he's talking about.