: a pic of my deck this morning -

basscatt
04-19-13, 11:32 PM
April 19 -

another foot+ of snow today - :wtf:

:nono::crying2::annoyed::mad2::shocked2::cursin::g ah::mob:

orconn
04-19-13, 11:39 PM
^^^ Do you guys have to pay extra April snow?

vincentm
04-19-13, 11:49 PM
http://i38.tinypic.com/21noa6v.jpg

Jus sayin

CadillacLuke24
04-19-13, 11:55 PM
April 19 -

another foot+ of snow today - :wtf:

:nono::crying2::annoyed::mad2::shocked2::cursin::g ah::mob:

Yuck.

My condolences. :crying:

basscatt
04-20-13, 12:02 AM

Jus sayin
-------------------------------
I hate you

vincentm
04-20-13, 12:43 AM
65f and sunny tomorrow, no wind, finally no wind

rodnok01
04-20-13, 09:16 AM
That sucks... was 80 again here yesterday. Already got first sunburn of the year. Put all my pants away for the year save 1 pair.

Ranger
04-20-13, 10:37 AM
This spring SUCKS!

RippyPartsDept
04-20-13, 11:26 AM
we practically went from winter to summer ... power went out last night too as the storm passed ... felt like fall hurricane season for a while

vincentm
04-20-13, 01:06 PM
Laid down some fertilizer, setout the sprinklers to water the lawn. And i'll mow tomorrow. No snow loo

CadillacLuke24
04-20-13, 03:03 PM
It may snow tonight and Moday, but upper 50s by the end of next week. Bout damn time.

The-Dullahan
04-20-13, 05:04 PM

Jus sayin

Sorry, what was that?

http://www.communityexplore.com/celebrationfl/files/2012/07/IMG_7674a.jpg

Another thread whining about snow. Really? I love the snow. You lot are just bonkers.

orconn
04-20-13, 05:25 PM
^^^ Loves snow and Mac Mansions!

The-Dullahan
04-20-13, 09:16 PM
^^^ LOL.|

You cannot hold me accountable for what the locality looks like. This is why I have two pieces of property in Florida. Suburbs...creep me the **** out. The other is in a historic area where every building reflects this. They are also spread out far better

So far as architecture goes, much like weather, I prefer the houses back home. Sturdy, elegant, practical. Much larger than Floridian houses too and DEFINITELY come with more property.

As for weather, the only way to tell it is winter in Florida is all of the "Christmas" lighting people put up for Decemberween.

CadillacCastle
04-20-13, 09:29 PM
It got cold last night, it was down in the 50s. but warmed up in the 70s today. I have never seen a snow shovel except on tv.

The-Dullahan
04-20-13, 10:40 PM
I wish I kept a Snow Shovel. Not useful in Nevada or Florida, but cool to have.

Actually a lot of my things got lost when I moved, so maybe I'd have never been able to, even if I chose to.

donwon
04-20-13, 10:45 PM
I can remember here in the upstate of Sc. on April 28 1971 I left Maritta Sc. At 9:30 am as it started snowing
and drove south Justabout 40 miles south of Greenville and didn't make it home until 2:am on the 29 th.
I had to stop and put tire chains on to make it the last 35 miles home. I had to push cars out of my way to get by them. we got about 7" that and the next day it was gone.
That is the latest snow I can remember here in my life.

thebigjimsho
04-22-13, 07:56 AM
Just another beautiful weekend in New England...

13ir14314
04-22-13, 02:04 PM
Just started snow again here in MN my phone says 3 inches but I've been hearing 6. So much for getting anything done to the Eldorado.

vincentm
04-22-13, 04:10 PM
http://i33.tinypic.com/66djlh.jpg

How my weekend went

The-Dullahan
04-22-13, 06:45 PM
What is this "Week End" you speak of? Where can I get one?

thebigjimsho
04-22-13, 07:02 PM
Vegetables. For wussies...

ben.gators
04-22-13, 07:14 PM
Sorry, what was that?

http://www.communityexplore.com/celebrationfl/files/2012/07/IMG_7674a.jpg

Sorry, what was that?

:D

The-Dullahan
04-22-13, 07:41 PM
^Looks about the same weather to me, Ben. Aside from that yours is a tad overcast. I thought we were discussing NICE weather, not "Oh shit, better roll my windows up" weather.

My actual home in Florida (Not in that photo, but the same weather conditions) is nestled away in the one part of the state that isn't flat though. Also the only part of the state that actually has trees in it. Most people, especially Floridians, who see photos respond in some unbelievable way, such as Sting saying

"This cannot possibly be Florida"

Not much for the sunny-timesharey-everything-is-paved-and-built-for-tourists kind of atmosphere. I'm more the. Walk-to-the-edge-of-my-property-and-be-unable-to-see-any-sign-of-civilization-in-any-direction type.

Of course, as good as my Florida property is at this, my Nevada property is better (Though in the random photos thread, a tourist to the area once actually posted a photo of some of it, by pure happenstance) and neither my Florida or Nevada property can compare the where I grew up.

I think what bugs me most about central Florida, is that it is difficult to find property with a reasonable acreage to it.

Where I am from, we saw this as a large, modern city. A little too crowded and too "Futuristic" for my tastes.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-oGDK9n4BPfY/Tp2BkMjYxEI/AAAAAAAABNY/G-Hb6vgFIt8/s1600/Jim+Thorpe+Pennsylvania.JPG

And you kids are complaining about "Cold" You don't know what cold is. Back home it snows from early October to late May. Sometimes longer. I did see it snow in July once. That was pretty cool.

CadillacLuke24
04-23-13, 12:39 AM
I did see it snow in July once. That was pretty cool.

Yep, with the winters and the occasional summers, you'd love Wyoming

orconn
04-23-13, 12:41 AM
Sorry, what was that?

:D

What no wahinis?

The-Dullahan
04-23-13, 01:08 AM
I prefer the Northeast, Luke. Not sure about Wyoming, but even in Florida (which is at least still on the east coast) there are few nubile red-haired girls to wash my cars and make me sandwiches. Thankfully, I found the only few in the state.

Winter is nice though. As I said in the past though, in a perfect world, there would be only Autumn and winter (both of which would contain snow)

Jersey Joe
04-23-13, 02:38 AM
Sorry buddy. I have friends in Racine, MN. Same story.

EChas3
04-23-13, 09:50 PM
Lotsa redheads up Nort', Dullahan! 'Eh?

The-Dullahan
04-24-13, 12:22 AM
Where I am from, there are two main types of people.

Celts: Immigrants of Cetlic (Gaelic, Pictish, or even Iceni. Whatever you want to call them) origin. Mostly from Scotland, Ireland, Wales, but some from a few other areas in the vast region identified as "Celtica"

Vikings: Scandinavian Immigrants from Norway or the lands conquested by them, as well as the occasional Finnish or Swedish.

Then you have a few other people. We had a two-member family from Transylvania (My beloved adoptive sister and her Mum), a gentleman from Spain and even an American from Delaware (He was a bit crazy in the head)

Personally, I don't care what colour anyone's hair is (The Irish are actually not commonly red-haired and even the ones that are, have far more Auburn/Orange to their hair than red) but considering the ethnic backgrounds of these folk, the red/black haired people were on average more trustworthy than the blonde/light brown haired people. Not more trustworthy as they were better people, but when the land is divided into two main groups who are actively hostile towards one another, even in only minor ways, it is better to choose to stay with the side that isn't "out to get you". Either way, though the population was small and spread out, the fact that most were immigrants, or the occasional first-generation-American, made for an interesting experience growing up. I think the culture we held there is part of the reason I find most places I visit to be so odd. Looking back in my adult years (a few years ago) I realized that perhaps it was "US" who would be called strange, as comparatively, there were far less of "us" than "them" (the people I find to be strange).

But then sensible logic kicks in and I come to see that though we may be outnumbered several thousand to one and there are very few places today similar to my homeland (which was very shocking to me when I learned it, around the age of 18/19)...We're still the normal people. As much as I get accustomed to you city folk I think you'll always creep me out. :)

As for Red-headed girls, I have two at my disposal down here. Which is good, as my cars do occasionally need washing and I do need someone to cook for me, as the long hours of my work week often does not allow time for either.