: AC DELCO Radio

hvymtlc5
01-10-05, 01:42 PM
I recently inherited a perfect 1980 Buick Riviera. The car has the factory AC DELCO 5 button (7 with scan and seek) AM/FM radio - no tape. I cannot figure out how to set the digital clock. The owners manual refers to a suppliment for digital clocks - that I don't have. I have tried all the normal things I've learned to do over the years...but none works on this radio. I'm assuming that this radio was also used in similiar year Cadillacs???

klebrun
01-11-05, 03:53 AM
I am going on the assumption that your radio is similar to mine. You may have to have the radio off to set the time. If there is a "set" button on yours, press that, then the "seek" button for hours and the "scan" button for minutes. Hope this helps.

hvymtlc5
01-11-05, 08:44 AM
I don't have anything labeled a "set" button?? I do have scan and seek.

klebrun
01-11-05, 09:25 AM
Sounds like it is a little different then mine. With the ignition on and radio off, I would try pushing the seek or scan button for a few seconds and see if that works. You might try posting this in the infotainment and security systems section and see if someone has any ideas. Good luck.

tsmale
01-14-05, 06:30 PM
With the ignition on and the radio off,PULL the scan button OUT til the correct hour is on the display.Then,PULL the seek button OUT til the correct minutes
are displayed.