: Factory Subwoofer

DdoubleE
04-19-13, 09:51 PM
Can someone pls explain to me how to pull the factory sub out of an 06 STS V8.

1BadCadSTS
04-20-13, 08:40 AM
Remove the 4 bolts holding it down

DdoubleE
04-21-13, 03:59 PM
How do you even get to it is the better question.

EChas3
04-21-13, 05:32 PM
I'm sure the procedure is in the factory service manual. I think I remember reading a post about pulling the back seats & deck to get to it.

Know anyone with Alldata?

ddalder
04-21-13, 09:59 PM
It is attached to a plastic carrier that also secures the right rear speaker, trunk courtesy lamp and XM radio module. You must remove the rear seat cushion, the rear seat back, the interior trim panels from the 'C' pillars and finally, the rear deck trim. After this, it's very straight forward.

Charles Warren
04-22-13, 11:55 AM
They make hard for the guy that doesnt have time to do all that and still live a normal life

orange57
04-22-13, 01:15 PM
Unfortunately most things on this car were not designed to help the diy'er

Ludacrisvp
04-22-13, 01:39 PM
its all about fit & finish and assembly line speed.

Charles Warren
04-22-13, 02:28 PM
I dont think its just this car lol some things gm does makes no sense on alot of cars, off topic and for instance 2003 cts t stat makes no damn sense to have to do all that work for a dang on therma stat my freaking gtp t stat sits on top and has a bleeder to help do it in 10 mins

ddalder
04-22-13, 02:55 PM
Unfortunately most things on this car were not designed to help the diy'er
My bet is that car makers don't consider "Do-It-Yourself" ease of work to anything they build.

EChas3
04-22-13, 07:22 PM
If they can save 1/2 an inch, buck, minute or operation, count on the designers putting it in. It's no wonder the FSM is a huge trilogy.

orange57
04-22-13, 11:08 PM
My bet is that car makers don't consider "Do-It-Yourself" ease of work to anything they build.

You are probably right. But some cars are easier for the DIY'er than others. For instance, when I had a Miata, that think was a breeze to work on :)

Actually now that I sit back and think about it, mechanically, the STS isn't too terrible. I've done the trans swap, rear window regulator, cooling hoses and t-stat, overall, not too bad. I haven't done anything with the interior though. Next on the list is motor mounts and rear diff bushing.[COLOR="Silver"]