: 07 STS4 Brakes

1grand6
04-19-13, 09:15 PM
:confused: 07 sts AWD with double piston fronts. Replacing all 4 rotors and 2 front wheel bearings. Can someone tell me the size of the socket I need to pull the wheel bearings off? Also I went to pull the back rotors off and I think its the ABS that's holding it on. It feels springy when I pull on the rotor. Any suggestions? What to do and not to do? Thanks! Newbie Mike:suspense:

1BadCadSTS
04-19-13, 09:17 PM
1st off still 2 brake systems you could have jl9 and je5
2nd that the ebrake holding the rotor on still

1grand6
04-19-13, 09:32 PM
I have je5 that's the double piston part... So if its the ebrake what should I do to release it so I don't break anything pulling the rotor off? Should I just keep wiggling the rotor or should I disconnect the whole mechanism and pull it off with the rotor???

1BadCadSTS
04-19-13, 11:24 PM
I have je5 that's the double piston part... So if its the ebrake what should I do to release it so I don't break anything pulling the rotor off? Should I just keep wiggling the rotor or should I disconnect the whole mechanism and pull it off with the rotor???

Both jl9 and je5 have dual piston. J56 is the brembo 4 pistons.

Stick a flat blade in the veins of the rotor at the 3 and 9 positions and work it back and forth till it comes off.

1grand6
04-20-13, 08:46 AM
OK thanks. I went through the FAQ's and seen many said just muscle the rear ones off. It probably has a rig to get over. It's 30 degree's here today what a crappy day to do brakes and bearings. Still haven't found the size for the axle nut, guess I'll be making a trip to the auto parts store. I'm sure it's the same size as all GM's maybe 35mm. Decided to paint the calipers and went with the black slotted rotors so hopefully they won't rust. Thanks again

EChas3
04-20-13, 05:42 PM
The shoes of the parking brake add to the difficulty.