: Ok, I bought into the hype........

PGA2B
04-19-13, 06:17 PM
I went out and got a tube of Meguiar's Black Wax. It is drying on the car in the garage as I type this. First impressions are that it sure smells purty!!:thumbsup: Seems to go on really nice. I will update when I wipe her off as to the easy of removal. I will post pics tomorrow when I get it out in the sun so we can see if there is a difference between this and normal wax... Got it at Wal-Mart for $9.47 a tube. I also picked up the White for the wife's car. It is suppose to be a AIO (All In One) but I had a lot of surface scratch defects and RIDs, so I hit her with a quick M205 polishing.

PICS IN POST #4 BELOW!!

Nimoch
04-19-13, 06:39 PM
I use all Meguiar's products, works well for me. Post some pics when you're done!

1madstsv
04-19-13, 06:43 PM
That black wax is great. Try the black spray detailer also very good. I had 3 black cars at the same time for over 3 years I got good at doing blacks cars lol. Still have one too many.

PGA2B
04-19-13, 09:06 PM
I have always used Meguiars and LOVE THIS STUFF!!

It came off easier than anything I have ever used. The results are awesome!

I highly recommend this to anyone!

----------

Here is what the whole car looked like when I started:

http://carphotos.cardomain.com/images/0016/74/07/16184770_large.jpg

Here is what she looks like now. I will take some better shots tomorrow.

http://carphotos2.cardomain.com/images/0016/64/56/16184665_large.jpg
http://carphotos.cardomain.com/images/0016/64/36/16184663_large.jpg
http://carphotos.cardomain.com/images/0016/64/46/16184664_large.jpg

1madstsv
04-19-13, 10:31 PM
I also have that v flag in my garage.

Ps that is one shitty looking car you should get rid of it. I know where there is a nice gray one lol.

amunderdog
04-20-13, 12:46 AM
That looks really good.
That one spot you missed.
You did that to see the difference?

PGA2B
04-20-13, 01:03 AM
That looks really good.
That one spot you missed.
You did that to see the difference?

Uhh I didn't miss any. If you are talking about the first pic, that is the before pic.

PGA2B
04-20-13, 02:21 AM
That is one shitty looking car you should get rid of it.

When the new CTS-V gets here I will!!

rbzstsv
04-20-13, 09:05 AM
Adams polish all the way. All of that wax u can get at auto zone/Walmart is crap. None of it is pH balanced. None of actually conditions the paint U can't get that on any other surface. All of those company use grade c or d level clay bars. Adams is 150% better product in every category. Get the two bucket wash n wax kit n the great white dry towel. One towel will dry entire wet car. You won't be disappointed!! Ive used mothers and basically all other with not even half the shine of Adams. This stuff actually just wipes off also.

----------

http://www.adamspolishes.com/t-videos.aspx

----------

Plus they actually tell you how to use all there products in depth with videos

torched10
04-20-13, 09:40 AM
also love maguiars--but for micro scrtaches on black cars i use Liquid Glass amazng ow it hides the scrahches

PGA2B
04-20-13, 10:12 AM
Well kids, I have used Meguiars for over 30 years and have always been happy with the results. I have tried others but always come back. Others swear by Zaino, Adams, etc.....

To each their own. Whatever floats your boat.

Oh yeah.... rbzstsv- relax man. We see you are passionate about Adams. Take a pill or something.:thumbsup:

boomys10
04-20-13, 11:45 AM
I wanna find some liquid glasss. wanna see how that works on mine since its so nice out today.

1madstsv
04-20-13, 11:46 AM
Adams polish all the way. All of that wax u can get at auto zone/Walmart is crap. None of it is pH balanced. None of actually conditions the paint U can't get that on any other surface. All of those company use grade c or d level clay bars. Adams is 150% better product in every category.

They now sell Adams at the auto zone 5 miles from me. It's all the same it's in how you use it.

PGA2B
04-20-13, 12:05 PM
Here are a few closer pics. Wanna give a shout out to my neighbor for using his "DUST BLOWER" to clean his sidewalk as I was taking pics and then come over to talk about the car!!

I love how you can SEE the crap he blew on the driveway in the reflection in my bottom bumper!! You'll also notice the appearance mod in my bumper corner a little old lady gave me at Wal-Mart!!
http://carphotos3.cardomain.com/images/0016/15/30/16185103_large.jpg

You can see the dust on the paint in the pics. That is actually dust particles and not defects. Funny it did't LOOK that dirty in person.......
http://carphotos2.cardomain.com/images/0016/15/20/16185102_large.jpg
http://carphotos.cardomain.com/images/0016/15/10/16185101_large.jpg

rbzstsv
04-20-13, 01:31 PM
Its funny how certain members on here cannot take a different view. I can't seem to remember getting all excited or using an ! during posting but u can brush it off any way you like. The facts are the facts. Just because you have used a product line with GREAT success over the past 30 years doesn't change the "facts". Adams polishes uses higher quality materials throughout there product line( waxes, detail sprays,towels, and even vacuums) with extremely better customer service with 110% money back. Maybe you should be relaxing a bit lol. Can't we all just get along? Thumbs up

STS LC3
04-20-13, 01:44 PM
I like the synthetic waxes. Gives it a wet look. This was after Meguiar’s Ultimate Liquid Wax and I use Meguiar’s Ultimate Quick Wax after each wash. I do get a bit of smearing on the hood but a wet towel and re-dry fixes it right up. Mothers syn wax works good for me too. My car is a daily driver so I think I’ll try the colored wax on the front clip; hide some of the sand blasting on it. Might get the front clip repainted this fall. Then I can be pissed with every new stone chip I see.

BTW, if I go to Wal-Mart, I park in the back 40. Wal-Martians are dangerous behind the wheel.

Nimoch
04-20-13, 06:35 PM
So clean! +1 for the Wal-Mart parking preference.

PGA2B
04-20-13, 09:20 PM
Its funny how certain members on here cannot take a different view. I can't seem to remember getting all excited or using an ! during posting but u can brush it off any way you like. The facts are the facts. Just because you have used a product line with GREAT success over the past 30 years doesn't change the "facts". Adams polishes uses higher quality materials throughout there product line( waxes, detail sprays,towels, and even vacuums) with extremely better customer service with 110% money back.

No, you just come in and say everything else is crap. Get over yourself kid. I said to each their own. You swear by Adams.....We get it. Good for you. Maybe you should go to work for them.

----------

They now sell Adams at the auto zone 5 miles from me. It's all the same it's in how you use it.

Adams polish all the way. All of that wax u can get at auto zone/Walmart is crap. You won't be disappointed!!

Oh snap, then according to rbzstsv's own words it must be crap since you can buy it at AutoZone and you did use !! So don't tell me about "facts".

When you get older you will realize life is too short to get this worked up over car care products.

rbzstsv
04-21-13, 08:57 AM
Oh snap just like I said certain members here just can't take a different view. Funny how you speak of growing up and yet your still flaming on and bringing up age. Wonder who needs to grow up. Sorry your internet friends had to see you of all people in question. Why don't you take your extreme wealth of knowledge and do some research instead of trying to make it about me being younger than you. Honestly you said nothing other than you've used one for 30 years. Just because you personally like a product doesn't mean its made with higher quality materials. But I should just go to work for them because you like your wax. Why don't you go around to your local body shops and ask them to use your retail grade wax. You can tell them you've used it for 30 years with great success. Lmao

PGA2B
04-21-13, 10:36 AM
You just don't get it. I didn't slam or flame any other products or call them crap. I started a post and let everyone know about "MY" positive experience with a new product. I said and I quote, "to each their own". I posted this experience on professional detailing sites and you are the only one to have anything negative to say. Explain how that is close minded or not open to other products? I you want further debate please contact Michael Stoops and tell him his products are crap.

As for research, my research lead to the Spectre Intake and the Smooth Flow Pulley system for the STS-V.

What have YOU done to give back to the community?

The Raven
04-21-13, 11:15 AM
Oh snap just like I said certain members here just can't take a different view. Funny how you speak of growing up and yet your still flaming on and bringing up age. Wonder who needs to grow up. Sorry your internet friends had to see you of all people in question. Why don't you take your extreme wealth of knowledge and do some research instead of trying to make it about me being younger than you. Honestly you said nothing other than you've used one for 30 years. Just because you personally like a product doesn't mean its made with higher quality materials. But I should just go to work for them because you like your wax. Why don't you go around to your local body shops and ask them to use your retail grade wax. You can tell them you've used it for 30 years with great success. Lmao

As a seasoned detailer with professional experience, I am qualified to tell you that you don't know what you are talking about.

Meguiars is good stuff whether you purchase at AutoZone or at professional shops. Can you do better? Definitely. But you can do better than Adams too, even cheaper.