: 2007 SRX 4.6 AWD noise on heavy acceleration

ziad67
04-19-13, 03:44 PM
2007 SRX 4.6 AWD noise on heavy acceleration,any idea ?

glake89
04-19-13, 04:44 PM
What kind of noise and from where? Or could just be transfer case. :aj:

Whiplash_89
04-19-13, 05:03 PM
These descriptions are getting worse and worse.

conedoctor
04-19-13, 05:35 PM
Too much hand holding IMO but that makes me the bad guy.

TimRSRX777
04-19-13, 06:57 PM
My guess is that your tires are kicking up snow and hitting the under carriage. thus you are getting a thud thud thud.. my suggestion don't drive in snow. :)

conedoctor
04-19-13, 08:06 PM
Its the Tcase I would think.

repnatl
04-19-13, 11:57 PM
Can you describe the noise

ziad67
04-20-13, 06:11 AM
it is roaring sound coming from front side maybe engine , as if the motor is chocked.

RobM
05-04-13, 10:47 PM
I'm searching the forum for information on acceleration noise as the 2008 SRX we purchased in March has a "growl" upon acceleration. It can't be heard until after the engine warms up and is louder upon hard acceleration. Goosing the engine at a stop in neuteral does not produce the noise. Had the dealer check the noise but they stated the noise they heard was normal for the V6. It only has 25,200 miles on it and is under the certified warranty until July, so I need info to take to the service department. Anbody have any ideas?...it rwd not awd..it sounds like exhaust or bad engine timing, which I think I would see evidence of when stopped in park.

B1n2fra
05-05-13, 07:26 AM
I would think the transfer case since its from hard acceleration. Does it sound like a ratchet or popping sound and is it loud and can you kind of feel it a bit. I have this issue right now and just waiting for a chance to get my car in to have the chain changed.

glake89
05-05-13, 09:56 AM
Rob, Your title and text are confusing. Title says 07/AWD/8cyl; text says 08/RWD/6cyl. Please clarify, makes HUGE difference.

arw1510
05-05-13, 10:10 AM
Rob, Your title and text are confusing. Title says 07/AWD/8cyl; text says 08/RWD/6cyl. Please clarify, makes HUGE difference.

Robm isn't the thread starter....

glake89
05-05-13, 10:18 AM
Sorry, not enough coffee yet.

glake89
05-05-13, 11:41 AM
OK, now ready. Does car have limited slip differential? If so, additive may cure, make sure diff. oil level is not low. Problem is gear or bearing related, not engine. Sound is not normal so warranty provider should correct. Keep after them.

RobM
05-09-13, 09:52 PM
G'evening,

Re: noise on the '08.

Sorry about the confusion, didn't want to start a new thread, perhaps I should have seperated my problem from the topic.

The noise on my SRX sounds like a racheting/exhaust noise from the right center, and is more prevelant as the day goes on. Starting in the morning the car sounds normal, as the car is driven more the noise becomes louder.

I complained to the selling dealer about the noise the week after buying the car. They stated it was normal V6 noise. I'm sure they tested it when the car was cold. The certified 6 yr warranty is up in July so I need ideas to come back at the service dept with.

arw1510
05-10-13, 07:46 AM
G'evening,

Sorry about the confusion, didn't want to start a new thread, perhaps I should have seperated my problem from the topic.

The noise on my SRX sounds like a racheting/exhaust noise from the right center, and is more prevelant as the day goes on. Starting in the morning the car sounds normal, as the car is driven more the noise becomes louder.

I complained to the selling dealer about the noise the week after buying the car. They stated it was normal V6 noise. I'm sure they tested it when the car was cold. The certified 6 yr warranty is up in July so I need ideas to come back at the service dept with.

Take it to them when it's hot and the noise is prevalent and force one of the service advisors or a mechanic to take a ride with you right when you pull in

glake89
05-10-13, 10:11 AM
Best advice I ever heard, when a dealer says "that's normal" is to have him show you 2 other matching cars the do the same thing. I'll wager your dealer can't.

Cadillac Cust Svc
05-10-13, 09:12 PM
G'evening,

Hi RobM,

I understand you want help from other forum members, and maybe there will still be good advice offered as the days go on. As for now, I agree with arw1510, as in going on a test drive with the mechanic in your vehicle at the same time, so you are with him discussing your concerns. I hope this helps, and I am still waiting to hear back from the internal sources on your nav screen digital clock; I did not forget!

Regards,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Service

RobM
05-10-13, 10:19 PM
RE: Having the S/A or Mech go along. I'm planning to do that, I was hoping to get some info/ammo from this forum of any tech bulletins or similar issues that I could bring up to lend credence to my complaint.