: Warranty? Bought a Water/Salvage 2011 CTS

Ephs
04-19-13, 04:04 PM
Hello All,

I recently bought a 2011 Water/Flood Damaged 2011 CTS. Less than 13k and all seems to be running well. I bought this with a full understanding that it probably will have some short/long term issues. So far, so good. My first question is, does this car have any type of warranty/service contract at this point? Obviously some things I would assume would not be covered, but will anything be covered? This is my first Cadillac and I am extremely curious.

Thanks

arw1510
04-23-13, 12:23 AM
Not sure how a question about warranty issues falls under the performance subject. But I would think that you're probably out of luck since it doesn't have a clean title anymore

J W
04-23-13, 12:30 AM
Yeah i would say you will not be able to get a warranty on that car. You may have lucked up and got one of the vehicles that were just grouped together with the flooded cars because of were it was located. Do you know the actual extent of the flood damage. So many of those flooded cars were just detailed and fluid changed and then put up for sale. If it did flood you can expect electrical issues first. Salt water will eventually corrode some connections.