: No sound bose

Charles Warren
04-19-13, 06:16 AM
I was listening to a dvd and all of a sudden the sound went out. So I checked fuses and none of them blown. So I was thinking over heated amplifier. Pull the carpet back amp is cool. Think amp is gone?? I unplugged battery to reset everything still have cd and screen working just no sound.

Charles Warren
04-19-13, 04:11 PM
Left out radio was on full blast and sounded like it had a boost lol, i see replacement for 100 and some change just hope that's the issue. No turn signals or backup tones =( gonna be long ride to work tomorrow. Might drive cts smh

dkozloski
04-19-13, 05:31 PM
More Brahms and less rap for you.

carter's_sts
04-20-13, 01:19 AM
That's funny.

More Brahms and less rap for you.

Charles Warren
04-20-13, 09:03 AM
haha......... But i have dtc u2122 was always in my car but found a new u code iirc u2156 which is "lost communication with amplifier"

carter's_sts
04-20-13, 11:14 AM
You sure the amp is powering up? Sounds like it might not be. Maybe there is a fuse that you didn't find?
Or the amp might be fried. It doesn't seem likely that something became unplugged since you had it cranked at the time.

Charles Warren
04-20-13, 12:41 PM
I'll put test light to it later on today. But i checked the amp fuseable link looking thing then rear shelf fuse then radio fuse but is it another fuse?

Charles Warren
04-21-13, 01:01 PM
Turns out the amp has power. But I opened it up no burning smell or visible burns on the board. And this amp is puny lol. But was getting the job done. Guess I'll order another one or should iput it back in and let dealership do diagnostic to tell me ??? I do need updates

carter's_sts
04-21-13, 02:22 PM
Probably a long shot, but I wonder if you could find a dealer who has one in stock and a nice parts manager who would let you plug a new one in to verify.

Sounds like the amp, but probably could still be something in the head unit.

Charles Warren
04-22-13, 03:24 PM
I was thinking head unit but it still works, turned back on the dvd i was listening to(no lockpick lol) and it functions the same. Those heritage cadillac guys never give me a break lol, but that would be nice.

1BadCadSTS
04-22-13, 03:39 PM
Keep in mind if you have the nav there's 4 amps. 1 central processor amp in the trunk and each midwoofer in the front doors has 1 and the sub has one. Those 3 are mounted on their respective speakers.

ddalder
04-22-13, 03:59 PM
Probably a long shot, but I wonder if you could find a dealer who has one in stock and a nice parts manager who would let you plug a new one in to verify.

Sounds like the amp, but probably could still be something in the head unit.
Unfortunately it isn't possible to just plug a new one in. These must be programmed first.

1BadCadSTS
04-22-13, 04:03 PM
The amp has programming?

ddalder
04-22-13, 04:11 PM
Yup. This goes back a number of years. Even the Bose Luxury DSP amp I installed into my Bonneville from a 2003-06 Escalade had to be configured with a Tech2. If I'm not mistaken though, these ones require GM's Service Programming System for configuration.

carter's_sts
04-22-13, 04:35 PM
Wow, that's pretty wild. Might be time to for the OP to break down and let the dealer figure it out.

Ludacrisvp
04-22-13, 04:53 PM
What a pain in the _ why does the amp need programming?
Unless they use the same amp for multiple applications with different in/out configurations using the same pins I cannot imagine why they would need to program it.

dkozloski
04-22-13, 05:07 PM
What a pain in the _ why does the amp need programming?
Unless they use the same amp for multiple applications with different in/out configurations using the same pins I cannot imagine why they would need to program it.To confound the gringos and charge them to boot.

ddalder
04-22-13, 05:54 PM
When an amp is used for multiple applications, the configuration information is used (at least in part) for the different cabin sizes and location of speakers. From some of my reading, it seems that they adjust timing of audio signals to eliminate sound from reaching the same place at different times from different speakers. There is actually some reasonable engineering behind these.

EChas3
04-22-13, 08:33 PM
Seriously, Bose puts more effort into design than manufacture. They've been that way for many years.

ddalder
04-22-13, 11:36 PM
Well, I had another look and must have had this confused with another car. The FSM actually states the amplifier in these cars does not require programming. I was sure these were used in another car as well and did. I did have to configure my Escalade amp though. Sorry guys, my error. Now, if you were to replace the antenna module, that would require programming.

Charles Warren
04-23-13, 12:47 PM
Im still gonna bring out the multi meter and see what i find. I actually am an electrician(usaf,c130) just never have time to look at my own stuff smh. but still need the updates because my voice recog lady acts like im speaking another language lol and its embarrising, cant yell at the car. homeboy has a kia and his car listens and he has a lisp lmao

EChas3
04-23-13, 09:31 PM
Todays surface mount boards are very tricky to repair. Good luck.

----------

Some members claim the VR works better when set to the same sex as the user. I'm not convinced.

I find it interesting that my wife prefers prefers Nigel & I prefer Natalie.

Charles Warren
04-26-13, 10:29 PM
Went to dealership knew the tech he worked at Nissan with me years ago, he told me it's the amp and was 700 bucks and to just go online(like I ain't know lol) and get one. Or bypass the whole thing, I'm like ummm no thanks deal with enough rewire crap at work. But 149 ain't bad but who else has had this issue???

carter's_sts
04-27-13, 11:31 AM
Thanks for the update. Let us know if the amp really fixes it. Based on your experience, I'm going to avoid cranking mine up too high.

kschwed
04-27-13, 09:30 PM
I still get sound through my system, but I think "part" of my amp went bad.

My subwoofer stopped working and would intermittently and for random lengths of time, emit an incredible high pitched and loud frequency.

I ended up unplugging the sub. I'm debating buying a new amp or just leaving the sub out.

carter's_sts
04-28-13, 02:29 AM
I know I've read that same issue on here before, but can't remember the cause. You might do a search.

kschwed
04-28-13, 01:57 PM
@carter's_sts

That thread was mine. I never did find a solution. I'm assuming it's the amp though. It seems too isolated to be the headunit.

carter's_sts
04-28-13, 02:04 PM
LOL....sorry for my useless reply.

kschwed
04-28-13, 02:14 PM
Haha no worries.

Charles Warren
04-29-13, 05:09 AM
Ok I will order today and when I get it in I'll let you guys know

Charles Warren
05-04-13, 03:44 PM
Installed new refurbished amp and now I have sound. How bout that lol. Seems cleaner or could be mental lol. Audi bang and olf can't beat sts bose imho just don't see paying an extra 7000 on that

----------

Oh and I'm gonna repair my original amp and report back with results

Ludacrisvp
05-04-13, 04:59 PM
Depending on how it was failing it may have been introducing noise into the system.

EChas3
05-04-13, 07:04 PM
Depending on how it was failing it may have been introducing noise into the system.

... or lacking power in some frerquency ranges.

Charles Warren
05-05-13, 01:00 PM
No telling lol, just glad i got tunes back, damn engine noise is cool but not for long trips. Still want to update the voice recognition, does the dealership charge for this???

EChas3
05-05-13, 05:29 PM
The update for the 2005-2007 Nav (includes some improvements to Bluetooth, VR & Setup menus as well) takes less than an hour, but most charge a full hour of labor for the job. IMHO, the improvements in VR are its least benefit. It's still poor overall. The greatest benefit is compatibility with the latest available map disks.

Members report that many dealers have a hard time finding the disks or knowledge required to do the upgrade. GM used to distribute the upgrade disks only once to each dealer and after that, they had to pay for them. At that point, they were not available from the GMNavDisk website, but members have posted that this has changed.

Charles Warren
05-05-13, 06:51 PM
Oh, well i have a 2011 nav disk in my car already I would assume I have the upgrade then. You know what they say about assuming lol

Cadillac Cust Svc
05-05-13, 07:08 PM
No telling lol, just glad i got tunes back, damn engine noise is cool but not for long trips. Still want to update the voice recognition, does the dealership charge for this???

Hello Charles Warren,

Glad to know you are able to hear music again! I understand how that must have been frustrating dealing with a broken sound system. If you do want an update, yes the dealer would charge you. If you have other questions or concerns please let us know.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Service

Ludacrisvp
05-05-13, 09:28 PM
If you have MRC and the update you will see suspension settings at the main configuration screen.