: Gettin' reacquainted with Cadillac Forums!

JRau61
04-19-13, 12:13 AM
Good to get back with the Cadillac Forum site again. I was an active member back in the mid-2000's, under the name 91Brougham. I
generally hung out in the FWD and RWD DeVille areas, and had (at the time, a beautiful 1991 Brougham in Antelope Firemist with the Antelope leather interior. Now, however, I (or rather my son) owns a pristine '93 Sedan DeVille. I am hoping to find out how many '93's were painted in this rare combination: Taupe Metallic with the Dark Plum lower bodysides. Plus this one has the Esteem cloth interior, also in Taupe. Pics are posted in the FWD DeVille area of this forum.

Anyway, hope to get re-acquainted with some of you veterans: I LUV Caddys8792, Jesda, and others...

JRau

orconn
04-19-13, 12:50 AM
Welcome back, JRAU!

Ranger
04-19-13, 12:04 PM
:yeah: :wave:

HAZZARDJOHN
04-19-13, 12:12 PM
I have no Idea who you are but you seem to be an old timer so I should get you up to speed on things. First off, I am Kind of a big deal around here so you should know my name. Second off, you need to submit your posts to me first so that I can approve them or edit them to make me look more favorably. I wouldn't want any dissenters getting their opinions onto the interweb. It also serves as a point for me to add my jabs at Rick and Drew into random posts. Thirdly is reserved for future directives to be declared at my discretion.

So welcome and enjoy yourself a little, not too much though, just a little.

~HJ

Jesda
04-19-13, 02:42 PM
Well it took you long enough. The other day I was watching the video I took of your car:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AjSY_fmncQ

I can't believe it's been five years!

I~LUV~Caddys8792
04-19-13, 05:03 PM
That was a great Brougham. I can still remember you burning rubber UP that parking ramp! :histeric:

Welcome back John, I look forward to hopefully seeing your kid's DeVille at an upcoming meet.

Have you still got your massive brochure collection? Still selling Toyotas?

77CDV
04-21-13, 12:12 AM
Welcome back! :)

talismandave
04-21-13, 01:15 AM
:wavehi:

gdwriter
04-23-13, 05:39 PM
Nice to see you again, John. Hoover sends a hearty, "Woof!" He and I have taken two other cross-country road trips since Des Moines in 2007.

JRau61
04-23-13, 07:29 PM
Thanks for introducing yourself HJ. I do have some pics of my son's '93, and of that beautiful '91 Brougham I owned back in '07. And yes, I am an old school Cadillac fan. I love the classic Cadillacs of 1960 -1966, and the 1975 and 1976 Cadillacs as well. I will try to keep my enjoyment of the site to a minimum, as you requested... :D
I have no Idea who you are but you seem to be an old timer so I should get you up to speed on things. First off, I am Kind of a big deal around here so you should know my name. Second off, you need to submit your posts to me first so that I can approve them or edit them to make me look more favorably. I wouldn't want any dissenters getting their opinions onto the interweb. It also serves as a point for me to add my jabs at Rick and Drew into random posts. Thirdly is reserved for future directives to be declared at my discretion.

So welcome and enjoy yourself a little, not too much though, just a little.

~HJ

----------

Jesda--U DA MAN!!!! It is good to be back, and I'm SO glad you took video of that ride in my Brougham. I had NO idea you were taping, but am SO glad you did. It took me quite a while to find that video a few years ago, and now I have it saved so I can relive the memory of that beautiful car. I saw it again last year in April, when I went back to Newton, Iowa to see some friends. The lady I sold it to has since replaced the correct width white walls, and the car was not nearly as clean as I kept it, which made me sad. I would love to be able to buy it back, but alas, no can do....

JRau61

----------

Hey, there, my man. I did really love that Brougham. I was so nervous about squealing the tires that evening, but thought I'd give it a go anyway...

When is the next meet? Stephen is not as interested in cars as I am, and in fact, he doesn't drive his car all that much. I arranged a college tour and we took his car then. He drove it there, but prefered I drive it back home. He knows he picked out a nice car, but cars aren't his "thang," so to speak. He's really into Monster Hunter 3 on his Wii U.

Yes, I do still have that massive brochure collection, and am hoping to go and get them out of storage up in Illinois. No, the slow winter months doomed me at Olathe Toyota. Anyhoo, stay in touch, buddy!

JRau61
04-23-13, 07:35 PM
Thanks, and now that I see your username, I think I do remember you. I love the pale yellow color of the mid-70's Cadillacs!

Here are some pics of my son's '93 Sedan DeVille. It is in a rare color combination: Taupe metallic with Dark Plum lower bodysides, with the Taupe Esteem cloth interior. I'm bettin' it's a pretty rare combination, and would love to know how many of these were produced. Anyway nice to re-acquaint myself with you.

JRau61

JRau61
04-23-13, 07:45 PM
Hey, there gdwriter! I do remember you also, and who could forget HOOVER!!!! :D I so miss having a dog now. Anyway, hoping that Sandy is still on this site and can answer my questions about my son's '93 color combination. Take care, JRau61
Nice to see you again, John. Hoover sends a hearty, "Woof!" He and I have taken two other cross-country road trips since Des Moines in 2007.

----------

Talismandave, you're on another Caddy site, aren't you? Any pics of the '74? That Talisman would be a rare model indeed. JRau61
:wavehi: