: ATS 3.6 power upgrades

AlanJS
04-18-13, 12:52 PM
You saved me a lot of wasted time and expense. There are so many adds claiming increased horsepower and performance with after market chips.
Any advice on increasing engine power for real. I have 3.6L RWD.

CadillacLuke24
04-18-13, 05:30 PM
You saved me a lot of wasted time and expense. There are so many adds claiming increased horsepower and performance with after market chips.
Any advice on increasing engine power for real. I have 3.6L RWD.

Oooh, you got an ATS! Welcome!

For that, I'm not entirely sure. Being the ATS is a new vehicle, the aftermarket platform may not be up and running yet.

You could go to the CTS forums and snoop around, given the CTS has used (I THINK, don't quote me) the same 3.6 for the past few years, to get an Idea.

mikesul
04-19-13, 08:29 AM
BNR/Trifecta has a tune for the 3.6DI. I had it in my '11 coupe before I traded it for the ATS. Get an intake and the tune and you will be happy with the results.

SC2150
04-19-13, 05:58 PM
We super charge, single turbo charge, or twin turbo upgrades for them.

Our CNC ported TB is a inexpensive bolt on, stall converter for acceleration from a dig, but BNR/Trifecta tune is amazing for the $.

EnvoyBu
05-06-13, 01:02 PM
Any updates? I want a tune for my 3.6L but no one seems to have one?

SC2150
05-06-13, 01:12 PM
Contact Jerry at BNR (vendor here) and he can hook you up.

:thumbsup:

M5eater
05-07-13, 09:02 AM

Our CNC ported TB is a inexpensive bolt on, stall converter for acceleration from a dig, but BNR/Trifecta tune is amazing for the $.

ahh.. so pretty much everything carries over from the camaro then?

SC2150
05-07-13, 09:33 AM
Correct. Even our stall converters. Just no headers yet.

M5eater
05-07-13, 09:35 AM
Correct. Even our stall converters. Just no headers yet.

That's excellent news! Jesus that would be the perfect powertrain if they simply offered a damn manual! *poutty face*

SC2150
05-07-13, 09:43 AM
The stall converter for the 6L50E improves 1/4 mile times app .3-.4 seconds on the V6, the cams are 50 rwhp avg gain NA, and heads on top of that help even more, then you have single or twin turbos and front mount SC for around 500 at the crank.

Stevo Supremo
05-07-13, 09:59 AM
yeah if you have an N/A engine<V8 and want a decent power upgrade just skip the bolt ons and go for boost. The amount of money you'll spend on headers, Intakes DP's tunes etc etc you could have almost had a supercharger, then you're laughing

M5eater
05-07-13, 10:00 AM
The stall converter for the 6L50E improves 1/4 mile times app .3-.4 seconds on the V6, the cams are 50 rwhp avg gain NA, and heads on top of that help even more, then you have single or twin turbos and front mount SC for around 500 at the crank.

you know just how to talk dirty to me.

EnvoyBu
05-07-13, 12:25 PM
Contact Jerry at BNR (vendor here) and he can hook you up.

I want to send him a PM, but what is his name? Jerry?

BNRacing
05-08-13, 09:28 AM
He means me :)

-Jerry

Psykostevo
05-09-13, 03:08 AM
Forced induction. That's the only way to go. Spend thousands to save thousands.

EnvoyBu
05-09-13, 06:00 PM
PM sent...

JetBlackNinja
01-23-14, 01:14 PM

You mentioned you or (BNR?) provide superchargers and turbos as well as other NA modifications for the 3.6L ATS. Could you please give me some more information regarding the options out there that are available? Not only that but if there are some performance specs and pricing for various power modification setups that would be great as well. How many installs have been done on an ATS with various setups? I'm sorry for all the questions but I am just curious and there isn't much of a market for this model or trim out there yet..

SC2150
01-24-14, 11:31 AM
The HP Tuners and EFI Live tuning suites allow any good tuner to dial your tune in far more exacting than any "mail-order" tune could. Get with a good tuner shop with a dyno and see what they can do.