: H10 or H11?

300:29:1
04-18-13, 09:56 PM
I've tried searching here and can't seem to tell which is the correct bulb for the low beam headlights on a 2012 Luxury. I'm looking to replace the bulbs with something brighter, but definitely not HID. The manual says H10. Which is it?

04-20-13, 09:45 AM
I've tried searching here and can't seem to tell which is the correct bulb for the low beam headlights on a 2012 Luxury. I'm looking to replace the bulbs with something brighter, but definitely not HID. The manual says H10. Which is it?
Anyone?

RippyPartsDept
04-20-13, 11:06 AM
low beams are H11

04-20-13, 11:24 AM
low beams are H11

Thanks Rippy. The manual clearly states H10. That's not good. With the replacement process being a little involved, I wouldn't want to get the bulb out only to find out I bought the wrong replacement.

RippyPartsDept
04-20-13, 11:47 AM
https://www.sylvania.com/en-us/applications/automotive-lighting-systems/Pages/lrgmain.aspx
That's a good link to bookmark for future reference (or you can always just google it)

H10 is basically the same lamp with a different base ... manuals often do have misprints ... the original XTS manuals had the wrong phone number for the CUE hotline

another possibility is that they initially were going to go with h10 but switched last minute even though the manual was already sent to print
it's less likely but stuff like that also does happen ... the manuals are finalized way before the cars are and even then the cars can change during production

04-20-13, 01:49 PM
https://www.sylvania.com/en-us/applications/automotive-lighting-systems/Pages/lrgmain.aspx
That's a good link to bookmark for future reference (or you can always just google it)

H10 is basically the same lamp with a different base ... manuals often do have misprints ... the original XTS manuals had the wrong phone number for the CUE hotline

another possibility is that they initially were going to go with h10 but switched last minute even though the manual was already sent to print
it's less likely but stuff like that also does happen ... the manuals are finalized way before the cars are and even then the cars can change during production

While I get your point, I generally use the online manual. That could be updated as needed.

RippyPartsDept
04-20-13, 02:06 PM
That's the one that had the error in the XTS CUE manual even though the ones being shipped with cars had been corrected already.

there's definitely some technical issues falling through the cracks on the cadillac.com site ... probably more to do with the separation of the web division from the other divisions and the web division more focused on sales/marketing

am6948
04-22-13, 01:07 PM
Another question - I have the 2012 Performance SRX - I would like to replace the fog lights with a brighter bulb - HID or something that can throw a bright beam on the road - any suggestions?

RippyPartsDept
04-22-13, 02:50 PM
sylvania silver star ultra or the PIAA xtreme white are the best halogen lamps (plug and play)

converting over to HID is not recommended (and technically not legal)
there might be a way to mod oem HID lamps but that could get pretty expensive and/or complicated
(that's if the mod is even possible - which i'm not sure of)

04-22-13, 03:11 PM
sylvania silver star ultra or the PIAA xtreme white are the best halogen lamps (plug and play)

converting over to HID is not recommended (and technically not legal)
there might be a way to mod oem HID lamps but that could get pretty expensive and/or complicated
(that's if the mod is even possible - which i'm not sure of)
Thanks Chris!

RippyPartsDept
04-22-13, 03:17 PM
also note, the more expensive and brighter bulbs have shorter lifespan
(just like stars, the brighter they burn the quicker they go out)

the sylvania packages even state so right on the back

http://i913.photobucket.com/albums/ac340/formula-j87/OsramSylvaniaHalogen/SylvaniaH13SU2.jpg