: Sad News, Not Able to Attend NASA NE 1st Event

ctsvracingalan
04-18-13, 04:10 PM
Dear friends,

With deep sorrow I regret to inform you of the passing of my beloved father, yesterday, April 17th.

I am with friends and family in Georgia for a private funeral service.

With this sad news, I will be unable to make it to New Jersey Motorsports Park for the first NASA Northeast event. I wish everyone luck at the track this weekend. Jim Hurley will be representing CTS-V Racing this weekend and carrying on the passion of CTS-V racing in my absence.

I look forward to speaking to you about happier events soon.

sykb47l
04-18-13, 08:36 PM
Family is more important then the strangers on this forum. Hope your family is doing well.

JOEYCTS-V
04-18-13, 09:01 PM
Sorry to hear Alan.

Mikes2009V
04-18-13, 10:15 PM
I am very sorry for your loss Alan. I was looking forward to meeting both you and the Patriot Missle this Sunday at NJMP. I will still be attending and hope to meet you in the near future. Stay strong.

Trapspeed
04-18-13, 10:38 PM
My condolences to you.

RapidRob
04-18-13, 10:57 PM
- ^^^ - +5! Condolences to you and your family!!

Rob

odla
04-18-13, 11:34 PM
Sorry to hear about the passing.

HEDP-V
04-19-13, 08:40 AM
My sincere condolences go out to you and your family Alan.

SilverrV
04-19-13, 12:25 PM
Sorry for your loss

Boosted2000si
04-19-13, 05:33 PM
Very sorry for your loss. I hope you have a beautiful service to remember a great man!

Rule12b
04-19-13, 06:24 PM
Oh Alan, I'm terribly sorry for your loss my friend.

ctsvracingalan
04-19-13, 09:35 PM
WOW I can not thank you all enough for your kind words. I am thankful that I have had the opportunity to meet such wonderful people during my time out at the track events and on the forums. My DAD was not well for some time and is not suffering anymore, he truly was a great DAD!! I am with my family in Atlanta Ga and although we are sad we know he is in a better place and we are celebrating his life and all he has given us.

Thanks Alan

thebigjimsho
04-22-13, 10:00 AM
Alan, I'm very sorry to hear about this. I know you mentioned he was not well in another thread.

Our parents often help us down the path we go. I get my love of cars from my dad. And even though he's in good health, he's slowing down at 68 and is not as sharp behind the wheel as he once was. While I've been driving a 630hp V, he drives a Mazda 5. But he still does have his motorcycle.

Anyway, its always devastating when there is a long illness and suffering. I hope that you find peace with his passing...

clemsgn
04-28-13, 03:57 PM
Alan, Very sorry to hear of your dad's passing. My dad passed, unexpectedly, almost 5 years ago and it was the worst time of my life. Being with your family is more important at the moment.
I never got to meet you at Lime Rock March 30 as I was 2nd on the wait list, but I want to thank you for your help and guidance, seeing I've never been. Maybe I will catch up to you at one of the remaining N.E. events this year.
Regards, Clem