: 2007 STS right turn stability active message

Frameworks924
04-17-13, 09:37 PM
While making right turns I receive a "Stability Sys Active" message. Took it to Dealer where they charged me $120 for a calibration update because it was out of warranty (53k). Still does the same thing after the calibration update. So now I have a couple of questions ...

1.) If a calibration file needs to be updated why am I paying. Its software.

2.) Anyone else experiencing the same condition and if so did the dealer fix it?

EChas3
04-17-13, 11:17 PM
It may have set different codes. Most cheap code readers (and many used by parts shops) won't pull all the body codes from the STS.

My guess is an issue with a wheel speed sensor or a heavy right foot.

Cadillac Cust Svc
04-18-13, 07:03 PM
While making right turns I receive a "Stability Sys Active" message. Took it to Dealer where they charged me $120 for a calibration update because it was out of warranty (53k). Still does the same thing after the calibration update. So now I have a couple of questions ...

1.) If a calibration file needs to be updated why am I paying. Its software.

2.) Anyone else experiencing the same condition and if so did the dealer fix it?

Hello Frameworks924,

I am sorry you are having these concerns with your vehicle. If you would please private message me on this forum I would be more than happy to be of assistance. In the private message can you please provide your name, VIN#, current mileage and the dealership name and address? Thank you. Have a great night!

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Service

carter's_sts
04-18-13, 10:31 PM
Mine does that only occasionally while turning right and going over bumps. It's never been bad enough for me to do anything about it.

It is a little annoying with the temporary loss of power. I would also suspect a sensor. Hopefully they credit your repair bill with what you already paid since they didn't fix it.

EChas3
04-19-13, 08:13 PM
Still got the OEM Michelin bricks?

Any tire over five years old is due for replacement. The car may be working perfectly.

Frameworks924
04-19-13, 09:00 PM
Still got the OEM Michelin bricks?

Any tire over five years old is due for replacement. The car may be working perfectly.

Yes I still have them. Been pleased with their performance so far. Customer service has contacted me and working to address the issue.