: New here - Just wanted to introduce myself

CaddyInParadise
04-17-13, 08:59 PM
I have looked up a few things on this site over the years and figured it was about time to join the community so I could ask some questions and contribute too. I am on my fourth Caddy and every time I try to buy something else all I want is my portable living room back. Nothing else compares.

My first Caddy (in 1999) was an 85 Fleetwood FWD that made it to an astounding 260k miles before somebody rear ended it. Was a great car, even though it had the 4100 in it. Got a 91 Deville next but the transaxle took a crap around 150k. Picked up a 93 Deville and ran it for years without issues until the struts needed to be replaced all the way around. It had the CCR, and parts were just too expensive. It also had a brown cloth top that I was not really crazy about so I sold it before it sagged too badly.

My current ride is a 92 Deville base that is nearly perfect. It runs the best out of the four, and has 120k miles on it. It was owned by a senior and he maintained it really well and kept it in a garage. The paint is shiny and the leather is not even cracked. I hope to put another 100k on it, which won't be hard as I drive 50k/year all over the state for work.

So thanks again for the great site, and I look forward to talking with people that love these cars as much as I do.

BONNEVILLEGXP
04-17-13, 09:07 PM
I have looked up a few things on this site over the years and figured it was about time to join the community so I could ask some questions and contribute too. I am on my fourth Caddy and every time I try to buy something else all I want is my portable living room back. Nothing else compares.

My first Caddy (in 1999) was an 85 Fleetwood FWD that made it to an astounding 260k miles before somebody rear ended it. Was a great car, even though it had the 4100 in it. Got a 91 Deville next but the transaxle took a crap around 150k. Picked up a 93 Deville and ran it for years without issues until the struts needed to be replaced all the way around. It had the CCR, and parts were just too expensive. It also had a brown cloth top that I was not really crazy about so I sold it before it sagged too badly.

My current ride is a 92 Deville base that is nearly perfect. It runs the best out of the four, and has 120k miles on it. It was owned by a senior and he maintained it really well and kept it in a garage. The paint is shiny and the leather is not even cracked. I hope to put another 100k on it, which won't be hard as I drive 50k/year all over the state for work.

So thanks again for the great site, and I look forward to talking with people that love these cars as much as I do.

Not much coming from another newcomer, but welcome. :)

Ranger
04-17-13, 09:13 PM
:welcome:

CadillacLuke24
04-17-13, 09:19 PM
The C-Body DeVilles are great little cars, and the 4.9 is a very reliable engine. Sweet Cadillac :thumbsup:

Welcome! Glad to have ya :yup: Let's see the Caddy!

CaddyInParadise
04-17-13, 09:20 PM
Not much coming from another newcomer, but welcome. :)

:welcome:

Thanks! Glad to be here.

talismandave
04-17-13, 09:40 PM
Welcome! 240,000 miles on a 4100...you have a lot to teach us!:worship:

You are in the right spot for Cadillac Love. Lots of great folks and smart folks around here. All as strange as the imagination can muster, but the common denominator is our love of Cadillacs!

:welcome5:

orconn
04-17-13, 10:57 PM
Welcome to the Forums!

bigm57ict
04-18-13, 08:20 AM
ahem...

:postpics:

----------

Someone had to say it.

And - :welcome:

77CDV