: Just a random question

BONNEVILLEGXP
04-17-13, 03:38 PM
Why are y'all so closed minded and rude to me. I just would like to know before I leave this forum full of rude owners that are unwilling to help or have a nice non offensive conversation.

vincentm
04-17-13, 03:46 PM
See ya

BONNEVILLEGXP
04-17-13, 03:50 PM
See ya

I would rather stay, but y'all are the least welcoming people I have ever met. I'm guessing y'all are offended that I'm on here but don't have a Cadillac but only have a N*.

vincentm
04-17-13, 03:54 PM
I would rather stay, but y'all are the least welcoming people I have ever met. I'm guessing y'all are offended that I'm on here but don't have a Cadillac but only have a N*.

You spread misinformation ...stay in the lounge, stay away from the seville/eldorado section...

BONNEVILLEGXP
04-17-13, 03:58 PM
You spread misinformation ...stay in the lounge, stay away from the seville/eldorado section...

What have I said that is untrue? I just say what everyone else says but more to the point.

----------

No I'm not going to stay away from the section that pertains to one of my favorite line of cars. I love FWD V8 and N*.

The-Dullahan
04-17-13, 04:13 PM

That's probably why. Just like the way we all hate Sting, because he drives a Caprice Wagon instead of a Cadillac.

BONNEVILLEGXP
04-17-13, 04:41 PM
That's probably why. Just like the way we all hate Sting, because he drives a Caprice Wagon instead of a Cadillac.

I wish I knew who that was...

Submariner409
04-17-13, 04:58 PM
Stingroo is addicted to orange or flat black station wagons of questionable lineage. :suspense:

BONNEVILLEGXP
04-17-13, 05:00 PM
Stingroo is addicted to orange or flat black station wagons of questionable lineage.

If he likes Nomads hes cool with me. Lol

Cadillac Kid03
04-17-13, 09:59 PM
No one means to be rude at least IMO but they gotta warm up to a new comer. I use to feel the same way you did but honestly i look at some of these guys as friends and you can not find a better Cadillac site....

BONNEVILLEGXP
04-17-13, 10:03 PM
No one means to be rude at least IMO but they gotta warm up to a new comer. I use to feel the same way you did but honestly i look at some of these guys as friends and you can not find a better Cadillac site....

I've just decided to ignore the few sour apples in favor of the many awesome members. I like this site over the Bonneville forum because the people here are actually educated. Lol

Cadillac Kid03
04-17-13, 10:10 PM
I've just decided to ignore the few sour apples in favor of the many awesome members. I like this site over the Bonneville forum because the people here are actually educated. LolYou can learn more from these guys on this site then you can learn in school! But good you will fit in soon and be part of the pack.

BONNEVILLEGXP
04-17-13, 10:13 PM
You can learn more from these guys on this site then you can learn in school! But good you will fit in soon and be part of the pack.

I'm already pumped. Lol

CadillacLuke24
04-17-13, 10:17 PM
I've just decided to ignore the few sour apples in favor of the many awesome members. I like this site over the Bonneville forum because the people here are actually educated. Lol

That's usually the case dude. We're a pretty mellow bunch, especially in the longue. Some of the old timers are more matter of fact, but they're just as fun, in their own right.

Let's see the GXP! I've seen a few around my neck of the woods, and they're one of my favorite Pontiacs. :thumbsup:

BONNEVILLEGXP
04-17-13, 10:24 PM
That's usually the case dude. We're a pretty mellow bunch, especially in the longue. Some of the old timers are more matter of fact, but they're just as fun, in their own right.

Let's see the GXP! I've seen a few around my neck of the woods, and they're one of my favorite Pontiacs. :thumbsup:

I've always liked older people to my own generation. Lol

That's her the day I brought her home about a year ago. I should be getting some better pictures soon as I am in the process of a total detail. Bonneville GXP, GTO, G8, and the classics are just about the only Pontiac's I like.

talismandave
04-17-13, 10:26 PM
Good looking ride.:thumbsup:

BONNEVILLEGXP
04-17-13, 10:29 PM
Good looking ride.:thumbsup:

Thanks! :)

ben.gators
04-17-13, 10:30 PM

I am going to add another example! In this forums CadillacLuke24 likes no one and no one likes him in return, but we tolerate him here just because he drives a Cadillac! :D

BONNEVILLEGXP
04-17-13, 10:33 PM
I am going to add another example! In this forums CadillacLuke24 likes no one and no one likes him in return, but we tolerate him here just because he drives a Cadillac! :D

Well I plan on getting a STS (Preferably), SLS, or DTS this coming year. Maybe I'll be a little more appealing. XD

Cadillac Kid03
04-17-13, 10:34 PM
I've always liked older people to my own generation. Lol

That's her the day I brought her home about a year ago. I should be getting some better pictures soon as I am in the process of a total detail. Bonneville GXP, GTO, G8, and the classics are just about the only Pontiac's I like.Clean looking car bud!

BONNEVILLEGXP
04-17-13, 10:37 PM
Clean looking car bud!

Thanks! She's the best looking car I've ever had!

CaddyInParadise
04-17-13, 10:40 PM
Nice GXP! Those were a good balance between having a GM full size and not looking like you borrowed grandpa's Lesabre.

Cadillac Kid03
04-17-13, 10:40 PM
Thanks! She's the best looking car I've ever had!And your looking to add a Seville? A Seville sitting next to that GXP would look badass!

ben.gators
04-17-13, 10:44 PM
Well I plan on getting a STS (Preferably), SLS, or DTS this coming year. Maybe I'll be a little more appealing. XD

It was just a joke!!! And the type of car you drive, has nothing to do with what type of person you are! By the way, your GXP looks great!

BONNEVILLEGXP
04-17-13, 10:47 PM
It was just a joke!!! And the type of car you drive, has nothing to do with what type of person you are!

I know, mine was a counter joke. Lol

----------

And your looking to add a Seville? A Seville sitting next to that GXP would look badass!

Don't forget the sound it two Northstars breathing through duel Flowmaster 40s. Now just to get the Prius out of the picture...

----------

Nice GXP! Those were a good balance between having a GM full size and not looking like you borrowed grandpa's Lesabre.

Quite a upgrade from my grandpa mobile. (1995 Mercury Grand Marquis LS)

Ranger
04-17-13, 10:56 PM
I beg to differ. Luke "likes" everyone..................many times every day.

talismandave
04-17-13, 10:59 PM
....the type of car you drive, has nothing to do with what type of person you are!

....TAKE THAT BACK! How dare you say that.:shocked2:

Now say it...." We are what we drive."... SAY IT!:bouncer:

BONNEVILLEGXP
04-17-13, 11:01 PM

Sadly most Prius drivers are what they drive. Lol

ben.gators
04-17-13, 11:01 PM
I beg to differ. Luke "likes" everyone..................many times every day.

I know, he "likes" me so many times a day that at some point I start to feel uncomfortable, so I shut down the computer and leave the room!

Ranger
04-17-13, 11:02 PM
:histeric:

The-Dullahan
04-17-13, 11:30 PM
I've been known to appreciate Pontiacs :hide:

rodnok01
04-17-13, 11:33 PM
Luke has more likes than posts... thought he was post stalking me for a while...

Jesda
04-17-13, 11:48 PM
I like being liked except by children. Children make me uncomfortable, like pets that aren't properly leashed.

I don't know where I was going with that. I like Luke!

BONNEVILLEGXP
04-17-13, 11:51 PM
I like being liked except by children. Children make me uncomfortable, like pets that aren't properly leashed.

I don't know where I was going with that. I like Luke!

Don't ever work at Chuck E. Cheeses than. Lol

talismandave
04-18-13, 12:19 AM
John McLain LIKES Luke!

http://i1153.photobucket.com/albums/p519/davidpraedel/thumbs-guns-die-hard_zps78cd6e6a.jpg (http://s1153.photobucket.com/user/davidpraedel/media/thumbs-guns-die-hard_zps78cd6e6a.jpg.html)

CadillacLuke24
04-18-13, 01:28 AM
:histeric: :rofl:

You guys are a riot!

See Bonneville GXP? We're a pretty laid back bunch. Especially with the inside jokes.

Sweet GXP! Thanks for posting :thumbsup:

BONNEVILLEGXP
04-18-13, 01:48 AM
:histeric: :rofl:

You guys are a riot!

See Bonneville GXP? We're a pretty laid back bunch. Especially with the inside jokes.

Sweet GXP! Thanks for posting :thumbsup:

Lol yes, I can tell. Thanks, she's my girl.

Stingroo
04-18-13, 02:17 AM
Hey hey hey, whoa. WHOA. What is this nonsense?

:suspect:

CadillacCastle
04-18-13, 02:33 AM
That's a very good looking car you have.

BONNEVILLEGXP
04-18-13, 02:35 AM
That's a very good looking car you have.

Very much appreciated. :)

The-Dullahan
04-18-13, 04:18 AM

Come on, you lot even tolerate me and it is a common enough presumption that even I notice (probably way more common than I notice) that people think I drive a Cadillac simply because cars like mine TEND to be Cadillacs, rather than any actual desire or plan to buy a Cadillac.

Wait...so what does that make me again?

----------

Hey hey hey, whoa. WHOA. What is this nonsense?

:suspect:

No worries, we already covered it. People dislike him, because he does not drive a Cadillac. Merely a cadillac-driven Pontiac. You know...because that's what type of people we are.

I mean...no one else around here doesn't own a Cadillac or anything. Clearly. :bigroll:

BONNEVILLEGXP
04-18-13, 06:53 AM
Come on, you lot even tolerate me and it is a common enough presumption that even I notice (probably way more common than I notice) that people think I drive a Cadillac simply because cars like mine TEND to be Cadillacs, rather than any actual desire or plan to buy a Cadillac.

Wait...so what does that make me again?

----------

No worries, we already covered it. People dislike him, because he does not drive a Cadillac. Merely a cadillac-driven Pontiac. You know...because that's what type of people we are.

I mean...no one else around here doesn't own a Cadillac or anything. Clearly. :bigroll:

It's called sarcasm. I know no one is silly enough to dislike someone because they don't own a car they like.

The-Dullahan
04-18-13, 07:53 AM
^Uh yeah. I know that.

In fact, I thought my own sarcasm in that entire post was fairly obvious. Maybe I am a bit rusty, if you couldn't catch on. :hmm:

Jesda
04-18-13, 08:30 AM
It's called sarcasm. I know no one is silly enough to dislike someone because they don't own a car they like.

Sometimes, though, they deserve nothing but scorn:
http://static.ddmcdn.com/gif/smart-car-1.jpg

truckinman
04-18-13, 09:46 AM
Just stay away from Jim and you won't sense any more rudeness! :duck: By the way, great looking GXP. On my route every day, I pass a house with a red Bonne GXP and I'm always staring at it!

Vitaqueen
04-18-13, 10:26 AM
Very gorgeous machine! My first car was a 1975 Pontiac Ventura. I didn't know you could get a northstar in Pontiac. How do you like it? Welcome my friend. happy miles!

I~LUV~Caddys8792
04-18-13, 11:26 AM
Those Bonneville GXP's are nice cars. I remember seeing them in the showroom when they were new. As someone who owns a Marauder now, the GXP is a car that I like, as it was a car that would have competed against the Marauder when they were new.....about the same price, built along the same years (I think the Marauder started a year before the GXP.....2003 v. 2004, or did the GXP hit the showrooms in '03 as well?) and with a similar sized engine and weight, they'd probably be real close in a drag race. Similar demographics as well.

I really miss a lot of the large, V8 powered domestic "sport" sedans made from about 2003-08... Marauder, Bonneville GXP, Grand Prix GXP, G8 GT, Seville STS, DTS, Impala SS, Lincoln LS, etc. Now everything is four or six cylinder powered and you're lucky to find a V-8.

How many GXP's were made? Was it a relatively low production item? Only made in a few colors?

cadillac kevin
04-18-13, 04:26 PM
Luke has more likes than posts... thought he was post stalking me for a while...

This. Once luke serial liked 20 of my really old posts on the forum. It freaked me out.

RippyPartsDept
04-18-13, 05:26 PM
In before the :lock:

BONNEVILLEGXP
04-18-13, 08:24 PM
Just stay away from Jim and you won't sense any more rudeness! :duck: By the way, great looking GXP. On my route every day, I pass a house with a red Bonne GXP and I'm always staring at it!

Thanks! I love her even with her problems. She's always a joy to drive!

----------

Sometimes, though, they deserve nothing but scorn:

Point made lol

----------

Very gorgeous machine! My first car was a 1975 Pontiac Ventura. I didn't know you could get a northstar in Pontiac. How do you like it? Welcome my friend. happy miles!

I love it! The Northstar, even being a technological mess is one of my favorite engines. The car is amazing!

----------

Those Bonneville GXP's are nice cars. I remember seeing them in the showroom when they were new. As someone who owns a Marauder now, the GXP is a car that I like, as it was a car that would have competed against the Marauder when they were new.....about the same price, built along the same years (I think the Marauder started a year before the GXP.....2003 v. 2004, or did the GXP hit the showrooms in '03 as well?) and with a similar sized engine and weight, they'd probably be real close in a drag race. Similar demographics as well.

I really miss a lot of the large, V8 powered domestic "sport" sedans made from about 2003-08... Marauder, Bonneville GXP, Grand Prix GXP, G8 GT, Seville STS, DTS, Impala SS, Lincoln LS, etc. Now everything is four or six cylinder powered and you're lucky to find a V-8.

How many GXP's were made? Was it a relatively low production item? Only made in a few colors?

If I'm not mistaken they only made about 1,500 Bonneville GXP's. I would LOVE to have a Marauder, awesome car too! I would've loved to see mine on the showroom floor. Having sold cars at a Ford dealership I know how much of a honor it is to have a car on the showroom floor, and I know mine was on the showroom floor. :D