: 2011 SRX Performance HDD Question! Help!

JackieLynnEvans
04-16-13, 07:45 PM
Hi everyone. I own a 2011 SRX Performance. It came with a 40GB Hard Drive Device. In 11 months I was able to copy from CDs 1399 songs on to my HDD. The memory capacity bar at the bottom of the HDD screen was about halfway filled up. Soon after I had copied over those songs, I was having issues with my glide up navigation screen. The my local dealership said I would need a new radio. In doing so, I would lose all my music, 1399 songs, on my HDD. I was told you cannot copy the music over to the new radio. I agreed, and had the radio replaced. Once the new radio was installed I started recopying the same music to the new HDD. I got through about 350 songs and noticed the memory capacity bar was already halfway full. I called the dealership and they told me the wrong radio was sent from the warehouse and that they would need to replace the radio AGAIN to get the full 40GB. I agreed again. I lost those 350 songs and got a new radio. Once again, started copying the same music over to the HDD and yet again, the memory bar was filling up way to fast. On the current HDD I have 130 songs and the memory bar is about 1/4th the way full. I called the dealership again and they said the again accidentally put the wrong radio in. I am on radio number 4 and still not enough memory on the HDD. The dealership now seems to be backpedaling. They claim that I had a 40GB hard drive on all 4 radios, but the memory status bar isn't true to percentage of being filled up. Is this true?! Why was my factory stocked HDD 40GB and had 1399 songs with approx 50% memory capacity filled, and now these 3 radios since then are filling up too quickly?!? Please help! Am I getting the wrong GBs each time? Is is the memory status bar that's not correct, and I should just keep loading music. I am very frustrated becuase my local dealers keeps swtiching his story. Please respond!

GTPprix
04-17-13, 01:21 PM
You have a 40 GIG drive however NAV information takes up all but about 9GB of the space.

JackieLynnEvans
04-17-13, 09:17 PM
Even at 9GB I should still be getting 3000-3500 songs. My first radio had 1399 songs at about the halfway mark. Curious on why I'm getting to only 130 songs and it's 1/3 filled.

GTPprix
04-17-13, 09:23 PM
Are they the same songs? I mean its possible the nav database grew or your songs are being ripped at a higher bitrate.

JackieLynnEvans
04-17-13, 09:27 PM
It's the same songs coming from the same CDs. Weird!

westham
08-16-13, 11:53 AM
Hi,
I'm in the process of recording CD's into my HDD after the radio was changed out and I'm at 243 songs and my memory bar is at just under a 3rd of what your memory bar shows in your photo .......... unless your CD's are mega mega long I think your dealer maybe incorrect in his assumption you are getting the correct size GB
On the change out I lost the recorded songs which were at 1,337 and the memory bar was about halfway, I did not mind loosing the songs as they belonged to the previous owner who did not share my taste in music anyway.