: 2005 Cadillac Escalade 3rd tail light

thadonger
04-16-13, 03:54 PM
Hi all, this is my 1st post on this website. I found it to be very helpful when searching for how to instructions for minor repairs. Anyway, I have a 2005 Cadillac Escalade and my 3rd tail light doesn't light up completely. There are a few lights towards the left side that are out. Can I replace the bulbs somehow or do i have to replace the whole thing? Is this something that I can do on my own?

YoshiMan
04-16-13, 03:58 PM
The third brake light on these is composed of LED lights that I assume are hardwired onto a circuit board. There are places on ebay where you can send yours in and they can repair it for around $100 or so. It may not be that difficult to do on your own if you are somewhat familiar with circuit boards, as i havent had the chance to look at mine yet

Some of mine are inoperative as well, so i also need to do this!

the cadillac man
04-16-13, 04:21 PM
Guys I think the thrid brake light has a circuit board that the leds are soldiered to not sure if it can be worked on or not but I do know it is glued together with a heavy amount of glue

If your brave(and the wife don't know) try heating it up in the oven for awhile not sure on the temp though(remember if it gets melted to a puddle of red plastic don't blame me you do this at your own risk)

ccruzan
04-17-13, 02:15 AM
The place I used was listed on ebay, user shephco, they did a great job. Mine had a whole side burned out and all the tabs that the screws go into were broken. They fixed it all for me. Looks brand new.

Logandiagnostic
04-17-13, 12:56 PM
The oven trick will not work on the Escalade lamp. They do not use a thermoplastic for assembly. They are vibration/sonic welded.

There are circuit boards inside the lamp.

There are some newer players on eBay fixing the lamps. We've been doing them for 15 years.

Lots of info here: www.ledfix.com

the cadillac man
04-17-13, 01:13 PM
The oven trick will not work on the Escalade lamp. They do not use a thermoplastic for assembly. They are vibration/sonic welded.

There are some newer players on eBay fixing the lamps. We've been doing them for 15 years.

I knew the headlights and taillights could be done that way I thought the third brake light was the same(my bad)

YoshiMan
04-18-13, 03:53 AM

Cool, You guys will be hearing from me soon