: Red Interior LEDs

P-Funk
04-16-13, 01:10 PM
I just got around to upgrading my interior lights to LEDs and decided to change things up a bit so I went with red. Was kind of hesitant to go red, thinking it may be too overbearing but figured that the lights are cheap enough that if I didn't like it, I could always replace them with something else. I like the way it turned out.

In case anyone was thinking about doing red lights, I like the way it turned out.

BlueAngel#07
04-16-13, 03:31 PM
Cool....I would fear growing tired of it, I bore eassily.

Manofmetal01
04-16-13, 11:50 PM
Glad to see it...was considering this as well...might still do it

strapp1000
05-10-13, 11:51 PM
Different...I like.

JDB
05-15-13, 08:21 AM
I have red in my map lights ... I've never liked bright white lights in my face... at night, you don't need it and red softens the output.

TheLostDriver
05-15-13, 10:31 AM
Red hurts my eyes after a while

JDB
05-15-13, 06:41 PM
Red hurts my eyes after a while

I just used regular bulbs from the ricer isle, not LEDs.

thebigjimsho
05-15-13, 08:48 PM
I have red in my map lights ... I've never liked bright white lights in my face... at night, you don't need it and red softens the output.

I'd feel like I was in a submarine...

JDB
05-15-13, 09:41 PM

If I could make them constant at night, Id feel like I was back in my Audi...which had a pencil thick red light pointing straight down between the map light and sunroof knob. You wouldn't know it was there, unless you put your hand or something up to break the beam.

RyRidesMotoX
05-16-13, 12:18 PM

Battle stations... Honda ricers on approach.

thebigjimsho
05-16-13, 06:02 PM
What's his plan?

His plan?

Russians don't take a dump, son, without a plan.

RyRidesMotoX
05-16-13, 08:26 PM
Has he made any crazy Ivans?

Yea what difference does that make?

Because his next one will be to starboard.

Why because his last one was to port?

No, because he always goes to starboard in the bottom half of the hour.

thebigjimsho
05-16-13, 09:11 PM
Quality! Great movie...

I would've liked to have seen Montana...

RyRidesMotoX
05-17-13, 02:08 AM
Be careful Ryan, some things in here don't react to well to bullets...

Or bullechs if you are Sean Connery lol

gregj1006
05-18-13, 07:15 PM
I just got around to upgrading my interior lights to LEDs and decided to change things up a bit so I went with red. Was kind of hesitant to go red, thinking it may be too overbearing but figured that the lights are cheap enough that if I didn't like it, I could always replace them with something else. I like the way it turned out.

In case anyone was thinking about doing red lights, I like the way it turned out.

Can you tell me how to get at the various interior lights without breaking something, especially the overhead/map light?

P-Funk
05-22-13, 04:07 PM
I followed the installation video from Precision LEDs website ( http://www.precisionled.com/cadillac-cts-led-interior-pkg-2003-2007.html ). For the map lights, there are 4 tab locations. You basically pry it apart at those 4 locations. It does seem like you are going to break something, but you don't. Just be careful not to pull it down too far when it does give because it will only be held on by the wires.

SWRidin
06-17-13, 02:10 PM
I did this to my previous truck a few years ago. Changed all interior to blue leds. Was cool at first, but if you drop something small while driving late at night, its really hard to find/see because all you see is monochrome.

----------

I should clarify, driving late at night on the interstate in the middle of no where with no other light sources accept your colored leds.