: LED interior light? in between the 2 upper lights

MrRsnbl
04-16-13, 12:04 PM
Hello all, anyone know the part number or "proper" name for the small led light that projects down to the gearbox console from the roof? I got a 2012 cts4, it has the "hole" in there, but no light coming down, what is the ppart number or name for this? At night its pretty dark since the P R D don't light up.
Any help is appreciated

GMJim
04-16-13, 12:33 PM
25821823 lamp asm-rf cnsl ctsy (white)

C "T" ess
04-16-13, 01:35 PM
That light won't help very much. It's a single led and even put your hand under it you will see very little illumination. Additionally if you car came without the light there is no way of wiring it to go on with the interior lights at night. For some reason there is no provision in the harness to plug it in. Believe me, if you don't have it, don't bother.

dekes1
05-25-13, 12:53 AM
Instead of buying just that one LED, look on ebay for the entire overhead console. Or check with any junkyard. My car didn't come with the ambient light kit, nor Homelink so I bought one of the consoles from a seller on ebay and wired up both the homelink garage door controls and the overhead LED. It's a super simple hookup and you can tap into wires already up there. Total spend about 50 bucks, total time about a half hour. One of the easier mods.

C "T" ess
05-27-13, 01:23 PM
Hello all, anyone know the part number or "proper" name for the small led light that projects down to the gearbox console from the roof? I got a 2012 cts4, it has the "hole" in there, but no light coming down, what is the ppart number or name for this? At night its pretty dark since the P R D don't light up.
Any help is appreciated If you really want one, send me a PM with your name and address. I have one that I never bothered with since it gave off so little light. The plug connector is gone but if you are going to improvise it probably doesn't matter.

hotwingsnfries
08-04-13, 09:08 PM
How did you remove the housing to get to the lights? I've been looking at them for a while and can't figure out how to take the plastic off.

----------

Instead of buying just that one LED, look on ebay for the entire overhead console. Or check with any junkyard. My car didn't come with the ambient light kit, nor Homelink so I bought one of the consoles from a seller on ebay and wired up both the homelink garage door controls and the overhead LED. It's a super simple hookup and you can tap into wires already up there. Total spend about 50 bucks, total time about a half hour. One of the easier mods.

How did you remove the housing to get to the lights? I've been looking at them for a while and can't figure out how to take the plastic off

arw1510
08-05-13, 12:41 AM
How did you remove the housing to get to the lights? I've been looking at them for a while and can't figure out how to take the plastic off.

----------

How did you remove the housing to get to the lights? I've been looking at them for a while and can't figure out how to take the plastic off

Pull down on the whole thing. Then it's a few screws and pop the 'lenses' off

portcts
12-15-13, 04:52 PM
I added this to my car. All you need is a bright white LED and a 680 resistor. I just positioned it into place and hot glues it. You can wire it to the home link wire. Its a grey wire that varies with the panel lamp brightness. Should take you less than 10 minutes to install. I would suggest that you aim the led so that it is focused on the cup holder as the light is quite directional.