04-16-13, 08:41 AM
It definitely looks good.

jimmie jam
04-20-13, 06:09 PM
Nice!

EVH5150
04-21-13, 03:06 PM
tell me what you think...

Looks great! Especially on a dark color.

Pluto3
04-28-13, 12:07 AM
tell me what you think...

How many coats? Looks good...

tisk2000
04-28-13, 12:00 PM
Did 6 coats cause it was my first time messing with this stuff...but I think I was good at 3 or 4 lol...

Pluto3
04-28-13, 04:38 PM
Did 6 coats cause it was my first time messing with this stuff...but I think I was good at 3 or 4 lol...

Not bad....how do you wash your car? Automatic or hand wash? I watched a couple videos with plasti dipped parts and it seems to hold up well. Just wanted to see how your grille is holding up.

tisk2000
05-03-13, 03:01 AM
pluto...ive been through the auto car wash 5 or 6 times since doing the grille...no probs...its actually pretty durable so give it a try...they wipe down the car after the wash and theres no sign of breakdown in the pasti-dip...pretty amazing material...

Crippler
05-03-13, 03:58 AM
I've been through the car wash with my plasti dipped grill and rims twice a week for the last year ! probably 50+ times everything looks the way it did the first day I dipped it ! Just Go for it you'll be glad you did ! After you do plasti dip your grill you'll be looking for things too dip :)

Pluto3
05-03-13, 09:57 PM
Glad to hear....I will be working on my grille this weekend! Thanx for the update!

SeattleSlacker
05-07-13, 01:20 AM
I like it, looks classy.

KLX
05-12-13, 10:40 AM
Did you remove the grille from the car or just masked?

eborunda
05-12-13, 10:45 AM
Did you remove the grille for the dip ? If not how did you avoid overspray on the inside behind the grille ? I've never used this stuff before and i'm really considerin dipping my grill.

Crippler
05-12-13, 01:02 PM
Did you remove the grille for the dip ? If not how did you avoid overspray on the inside behind the grille ? I've never used this stuff before and i'm really considerin dipping my grill.

To plasti dip your grill , first you want to mask off the sides of your grill with about a half inch boarder around your grill . Next step would be to make sure you have a warm can of plasti dip ( goes on better ) I used a piece of cardboard behind my grill to Protect my radiator from over spray . Start off with light coats over entire surface of grill and allow to dry . You should put on at least 4 coats of dip on your grill ! than unmask the tape than take out cardboard !
Should take no longer than 45 min . Use your judgement on your emblem if you want to remove the dip from it !

tisk2000
05-13-13, 02:06 PM
what crippler said...

as far as the emblem...i sprayed directly on the emblem and peeled the plasti dip from the emblem when finished...it presents a clean professional appearance and is easier then masking it off and worrying about peeling the dip from the rest of the grille...

Scott2012
05-24-13, 11:20 PM
Looks great- how,does it look close up?

Mr.Angry.CTS
11-14-13, 10:51 PM
Thank you for motivating me.... When warmer temps return to Ontario in the spring I will be doing this. :)

Gerry1946
11-17-13, 12:00 AM
Looks great. Did you spray over the chrome bezel at the top and sides and then peel it off the chrome?

paisan34
11-17-13, 12:12 PM
That looks very nice. I took a different approach to mine. Left the wreath black and picked off the dip from the vertical chrome pieces. To each their own.

Hemi_Tom
11-17-13, 04:02 PM
That looks very nice. I took a different approach to mine. Left the wreath black and picked off the dip from the vertical chrome pieces. To each their own.

I like it!

amedoro
11-17-13, 05:57 PM
Did you dip the grates inside too?

roquevc
12-20-13, 07:32 AM
I have the exact same car and color. same grille of course, I highly recommend to mask the emblem, On my old CTS I sprayed over it and it was hard to peel it off, small pieces of dip would stay inside the Cadillac leafs or whatever they are. I used foil paper to mask my emblem worked awesome on my new cts.

----------

P.S for all the first time user of plastidip, don't worry too much about getting it on other parts it can come right off, Seems scary at first because it come out like regular paint but once it dried off its easy to remove, I personally love this product, if I could plastidip myself I would do it, but id spend too much money to cover this big n sexy bod of mine. Lmao

----------

That explain a lot.... I had an old can about 1/2 full sitting in my garage so I decided to use it and it came out pretty weird, probably the temperature was too low.

To plasti dip your grill , first you want to mask off the sides of your grill with about a half inch boarder around your grill . Next step would be to make sure you have a warm can of plasti dip ( goes on better ) I used a piece of cardboard behind my grill to Protect my radiator from over spray . Start off with light coats over entire surface of grill and allow to dry . You should put on at least 4 coats of dip on your grill ! than unmask the tape than take out cardboard !
Should take no longer than 45 min . Use your judgement on your emblem if you want to remove the dip from it !