: Input Speed sensor

Gallos ink
04-16-13, 12:28 AM
Hello,
Since I'm new here I hope I'm posting in the right area. I just recently bought a 2001 Deville and I'm having sensor issues I took the car to the mechanic and had a diagnostic done. The guy told me it was only going to cost $120.00 to fix so we took it this morning to find out that he replaced the VSS sensor, which we had already done. So when I went to pick it up it was a big difference in what he was going to charge me to replace the input speed sensor. Knowing what sensors were are needing to be replaced, my husband and brother are pretty car savvy and they are able to do most of the work on our vehicles.
I been on line trying to find a diagram or even a tutorial on how to remove it and replace it. I do know where it is and
that's the transmission, has
anyone replaced it their selves or just taken it to the mechanic to have them do it? From the sound of it this is very time
consuming.
Do you have to drop the motor or can you just remove the transmission?
Any Videos or tutorials to watch the process being done will be great, both guy are audio learners and would prefer to watch it done then read about it.
Sorry if I'm rattling on but the part is only $70.00 I would hate to have to spend so much money having someone else do it. We were told it would take 10 hours ... Is this true???
Any help would be greatly appreciated, I hate driving only 30 miles an hour so I don't mess something else up while waiting to get this done.
Thanks