: Just picked it up 2013 luxury platinum tri coat

shoeman
04-15-13, 10:02 PM
Just got home from the dealer , picks to follow tomorrow . Platinum Tri Coat , with Shale / Brownstone. Nice and quiet , very comfortable . I like that it feels like driving a car , vs my 2011 Explorer that felt truck like . Cant wait to be able to play outside with it a little and learn all the nuances of cue , and such , as well as a good coat of wax. One thing that does feel very strange is the very subtle massage I get in my ass every so often with the seats.

300:29:1
04-15-13, 10:04 PM
You shouldn't need or want to wax your brand new car. It's even in the owner's manual. Just enjoy your car and keep it clean.

b4z
04-15-13, 11:31 PM
If you cross the centerline it will vibrate the seat.

----------

You shouldn't need or want to wax your brand new car. It's even in the owner's manual. Just enjoy your car and keep it clean.

You may want to reread sect 10-90 in he owners manual. It says do not use aftermarket clearcoat sealants and waxes. It does say you can hand apply polishes and waxes. Waxes are highly recommended for any car and can greatly extend the life of the paint.

vi2k13
04-15-13, 11:36 PM
Just got home from the dealer , picks to follow tomorrow . Platinum Tri Coat , with Shale / Brownstone. Nice and quiet , very comfortable . I like that it feels like driving a car , vs my 2011 Explorer that felt truck like . Cant wait to be able to play outside with it a little and learn all the nuances of cue , and such , as well as a good coat of wax. One thing that does feel very strange is the very subtle massage I get in my ass every so often with the seats.

Congratulations!

Now you've got a new masseuse too.:tongue2: You'll get accustomed to 'massaging' soon and I have found the Driver Awareness Package actually very useful.

Enjoy!

GMJim
04-16-13, 12:15 PM
Welcome to the forum, congrats on your purchase, and thanks for choosing GM.

Marc NY
04-16-13, 01:07 PM
Congratulations! :thumbsup:

We hope you will enjoy your awesome new ride... can't wait to see your photos. :)

Likely
04-16-13, 10:23 PM
Great!!!!!enjoy the ride.... Glad you purchased gm....sounds like a great color choice.....

maxima10
04-17-13, 08:50 PM

Cool stuff...congrats. What was the package if you don't mind sharing?

shoeman
04-18-13, 07:38 PM
Hi Maxima 10 . I got the Navigation ,as well as the Driver Awareness Package. This gave me everything I require. I have one issue and that is the voice commands do not work for the telephone, .I will get this checked out next week.

Marc NY
04-18-13, 07:45 PM
Hi Maxima 10 . I got the Navigation ,as well as the Driver Awareness Package. This gave me everything I require. I have one issue and that is the voice commands do not work for the telephone, .I will get this checked out next week.shoeman I had a similar issue with my iPhone and the CUE.

I don't know if your CUE has the latest update but after my update my voice command works great now! :)

shoeman
04-18-13, 08:34 PM
Hi Marc. I was told it did have the latest update by my sales manager , as they did it as part of the PDI. My climate icon is a snow flake , I was told that is how you can tell if the software is the latest. The phone I use is A Samsung Note 2.

shoeman
04-22-13, 06:35 PM
I just loaded three pics of my SRX , not sure if they are in this thread. Shoe

shoeman
04-22-13, 09:40 PM
Finally figured it out. Love the sheer comfort, and Luxury of course.

Likely
04-22-13, 11:06 PM
Shoeman.....

Cool!!!!!Congrats......."Enjoy the ride" You will get alot of looks and questions....

Marc NY
04-23-13, 11:28 AM
Finally figured it out. Love the sheer comfort, and Luxury of course.Really looks sweet!

I like the brown/shale interior combination too looks very sharp indeed! :thumbsup:

Kuya
04-23-13, 10:49 PM
Congrats on the new SRX

I am trading in a white Platinum Ice 2010 AWD Performance. I am looking at your photos and getting a little sad lol. The white was a real head turner on the highway. I am picking up the 2013 Black Raven Luxury later in the week. I am beginning to wonder if going black was the right choice.

shoeman
04-24-13, 10:03 AM
Hey Kuya. You will love the Black Raven . White was not my first choice in colour , the Black was. How I ended up with the White was that I wanted the Brownstone interior , as all my other cars have always had light colored seats with grey or black trim. The only SRXs around with the Brownstone interior were Platinum. I must admit it is very rich looking, same color as the ATS I picked up for my father in Feb. A good coat of Mothers this weekend at it will shine.

TheCaptain
04-24-13, 11:11 AM
Very nice shoeman!