: A few questions : Remote Start AC and Heater

Chosenone
04-15-13, 01:30 PM
So I have an 09 CTSV. Recaros and cooled and heated seats. My question is when I remote start my car how do make the cars thermostat ie. heater or AC and heated and cooled seats be set. It seems like when ever I get in the car it is just doing whatever it wants. I would like to be able to remote start and have the settings to my likings. Anyway to do this?

Also the cooled seats, do they actually blow cool air out of them or what?

RaVeNous
04-15-13, 02:19 PM
My 300SRT did this. It was a nice feature. I have not found a setting that with force the CTS to do this, I'm hoping there is one.

DiamondWhtV
04-15-13, 05:05 PM
Seat settings for either cool/heat don't come on with remote start.

The seats just have a ventilation fan. They don't blow any cool air, just whatever is the interior temp of the car is what you feel.

Cadillac Cust Svc
04-15-13, 09:17 PM
So I have an 09 CTSV. Recaros and cooled and heated seats. My question is when I remote start my car how do make the cars thermostat ie. heater or AC and heated and cooled seats be set. It seems like when ever I get in the car it is just doing whatever it wants. I would like to be able to remote start and have the settings to my likings. Anyway to do this?

Also the cooled seats, do they actually blow cool air out of them or what?

Hello Chosenone,

Your owner’s manual should be able to help you out with this. On page 2-14 of your owner’s manual, it states facts about the remote vehicle start. When the remote start system is active, the climate control system heats and cools the inside of the vehicle according to the previous settings of the system before turning the vehicle off. If the vehicle has heated seats, they also turn on if the interior or exterior temperature is cold enough. On page 1-7 of the manual it goes into more detail on heated and ventilated seats and shows pictures of what the control settings looks like to active the seat controls once inside of the vehicle. I hope this helps you! Have a great night.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Service